Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Louis Suarez's ban was partly based on Ashley Barnes' ban

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the FA are inconsistent and biased have any of them played professional football...have any of them played football at all
them being inconsistent cannot help the refs do their job
no one knows where they stand
courts of law can deliberate ,but no that's not good enough for them
they really do need to get their act together
laughing stock :hilton:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I popped into work this morning and was getting a coffee from the machine when the boss bumped into me. Without a word being muttered I grabbed his arm and bit him hard.

I was within 10 minutes suspended from work pending investigation. I was advised by my union that they would be unlikely to support me if the facts were true. There was a knock at my door this afternoon from Plod arresting me for assault.

Probably going to end up with a criminal record, no job and unable to support my family for some time.

Ah well it's only footy.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
I'm a Liverpool fan but not a Suarez apologist - brilliant player with huge problems which he and the club need to deal with, and no complaints about the ban. I also get why the the club stand by him despite the media hysteria - it's completely consistent with other situations (Cantona, Tevez, Terry - take your pick - if you are good enough the club can't afford to sack you).

What I think the whole episode highlights is massive inconsistency in how the FA disciplinary regime works in a 24/7 media age :

Defoe - bites and gets yellow card - no further action cos the ref saw something but clearly didn't see enough to appreciate the seriousness of the offence
Barnes - trips ref and gets red card, but increased to 7 games cos you can't do that to a ref
Suarez - bites and gets spoken to by ref - so the ref saw something but clearly didn't see enough to appreciate the seriousness of the offence - subsequent 10 game ban

Go figure.

Oh and then there's John Terry....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here