Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Louis Carey on a free?

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
A fairly respectable football blog on Twitter mentioning Carey on a free from Bristol City.

Back-up full-backs most definitley needed.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Calderon
Taricco

Painter
McNulty

Taricco's a left back for starters, and he's approaching 38 isn't he ? Definitely can't see him matching the pace of the likes of Kebe, Dyer and so on.

An unnamed Championship club is in for Tommy Spurr, would be a decent signing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Taricco?! 60 mins against Woking and he was blowing.
As for McNulty, not Poyet's player.
That was his first game for about 5 years, in the games he played after that he looked quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tanno can deputise either at right or left back as he has played at the top level at both positions but age is against him so I would likea younger version of him to be signed. A man who is equally comfortable at right or left back, another John O'Shea.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think Tanno is 39 next year so although against Portsmouth he was the best player on the pitch, I would doubt he is up to covering a Championship team.
What division do Prtsmouth play in? :lol:

Of course with his age you'd prbably only want him to cover for short periods, suspensions and minor injuries, but still I doubt there are many, if any, reserve fullbacks as good as him in the Championship.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
TBH i would be quite happy with him as back up to the full backs, bags of xp 33 or 34 now i would think.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Carey is a centre half, you'd be bonkers to play him at fullback, I think Virgo is quicker! As a centre half id take him though, he is a pretty decent player in the Guy Butters mold and offers us some good championship experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here