Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lou Vincent match fixing allegations whilst at Sussex CCC

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
Murray Goodwin is indeed still playing county cricket for Glamorgan. I may be wrong but i think Parnell still flitters in and out of county cricket, therefore i assume Vincent's accomplice to be Arif - looking at the stats for the game in question would also back up this theory, and also the fact that 'fixers' tend to target either opening batsmen, opening bowlers or captains. Arif's six overs are pretty expensive, and his 11 from 29 balls towards the end of an innings that Sussex lost by just 14 runs also looks extremely odd to me.

This whole spot fixing thing is a bit of a myth as well - there is no market, anywhere in the world, to bet on a no-ball being bowled. The fix is the impact that this no-ball would have in the greater context of a certain number of overs, or the game result itself.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've read that a couple of times and I think there are 2 Sussex players involved, one who participated and one who didn't?

Further details have emerged about the allegations made by Vincent, who has informed investigators he had an accomplice within the Sussex team when he fixed a YB40 match against Kent in August 2011 and introduced him to the bookie who was running the scam.

He has also admitted approaching another Sussex player and offering him £20,000 to underperform in a Twenty20 quarter final against Lancashire on Aug 8, 2011.
The player turned down the offer, then asked for £50,000 before changing his mind again. Vincent claims that the Pakistani bookmaker who arranged the fix watched the match and spoke to the New Zealander during play to ensure the scam was going as planned.

After the match, which Sussex lost, the player who had decided not to participate in the scam “stormed around” in the dressing room because he knew the game was fixed, then reported Vincent to the club.

Vincent claims he panicked at this stage and stashed £45,000 in his house. His bookmaker contact arranged for the cash to be paid into a Dubai bank account and then transferred to an account in New Zealand. He also says he acted as a courier to ensure his fellow Sussex player, who no longer plays county cricket, received his £15,000 in cash. He became scared when his bookie contact began using his children’s names.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We have Zac Toumazi on the Roar this week so hopefully he will be able to talk about it.....

Now that is an interesting guest

If you're going to have cricketing guests, John Barclay would be brilliant and it would be good to get Michael Yardy in too, I'm sure he'd have lots to say (and not all about West Ham)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here