Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lots of overtime for the Met on Saturday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hopefully no scenes like this

:lolol:

My word. We played Blackburn the last game of the season in the early 90s when I was just a tad older than that and we were in a pub by Mill Hill station at about 11.15. We ended up playing killer pool and going on a pub crawl to Ewood Park with a few of their "firm". Cracking day out and I have no injuries I can attribute to it, though I also can't remember the game.

Going to a supermarket, mobbed up, in order to look like a c**t wasn't really on the agenda. Thank Christ there was no social media.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
:lolol:

My word. We played Blackburn the last game of the season in the early 90s when I was just a tad older than that and we were in a pub by Mill Hill station at about 11.15. We ended up playing killer pool and going on a pub crawl to Ewood Park with a few of their "firm". Cracking day out and I have no injuries I can attribute to it, though I also can't remember the game.

Going to a supermarket, mobbed up, in order to look like a c**t wasn't really on the agenda. Thank Christ there was no social media.

At the risk of coming over like the tasty tear ups thread there might be a few Met police rubbing their hands (as opposed to other things) at the thought of Saturday.

Palace v Brighton of course but three London derbies, Arsenal v Brentford, which will be fine and West Ham v Chelsea plus QPR v Millwall which probably won't. Fulham at home to Forest too. Three high risk games in the same city on the same day? Can't happen too often???
You do realise London is quite a big place. So Arsenal and Brentford fans will be nowhere near West Ham or Chelsea fans or QPR or Millwall fans. And generally most London fans don't give two fucks. Quite why you are trying to push disorder is baffling. Ppf maybe?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You do realise London is quite a big place. So Arsenal and Brentford fans will be nowhere near West Ham or Chelsea fans or QPR or Millwall fans. And generally most London fans don't give two fucks. Quite why you are trying to push disorder is baffling. Ppf maybe?
@Guinness Boy is everything PPF isn't. He would much rather have a quiet snooze in the luggage rack on the train coming home after discussing his forward defensive cricket stroke and enjoying a few, perhaps a lot, of tinnies. It won't be a policeman taking his address, it'll be us as he is known to forget it by the time he falls in the taxi at Brighton station.

It's threads like these which do make me wonder if PPF is steaming at his keyboard somewhere, although I'm pretty sure Manchester United was his main love. He never denied it when put to him. I guess we'll never get a full answer now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised if the Met draft other local constabularys in for assistance.
Probably not the Walter Mitty branch of the Sussex police for our game :)
The last 2 or 3 times Palace have played at our place I’ve noticed police vans from Hampshire, Surrey, Kent, Thames Valley and Hertfordshire

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Depends if there’s any Met Officers left that haven’t been done for sex offences yet
……and who aren’t busy harassing innocent black people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The last 2 or 3 times Palace have played at our place I’ve noticed police vans from Hampshire, Surrey, Kent, Thames Valley and Hertfordshire
Hurricanes hardly happen...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
What a joy to revisit Tasty Tear-ups. 12 years ago! I hope London Pompous got treatment for his lumbago. Getting a wedgie with a bad back would really make your eyes water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here