Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lost or stolen precious Albion merchandise or memorabilia

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I bought a bottle of Albion-themed hair conditioner from the Goldstone as I thought it was such a bizarre thing. Kept it so long the contents all congealed and turned custard yellow. It emigrated to Canada with me. Lost half the bottle eventually when my son decided to use it. Ugh.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Wolves v Brighton programme

The one where Wardy got a hat-trick

At the train station everyone was round Wardy,so I just walked up to Mark Lawernson instead and got his autograph

No idea where it is,hopefully it's out there somewhere

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Blue ski hat Seagulls and BHA with Fans United badge on back, last seen nr Griffin Park 20'ish years ago. Still look for it !

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Wolves v Brighton programme

The one where Wardy got a hat-trick

At the train station everyone was round Wardy,so I just walked up to Mark Lawernson instead and got his autograph

No idea where it is,hopefully it's out there somewhere

I had my Wolves programme singed by Wardy at the Station Hotel by Preston Park Station the following week when a few of the team turned up for the raffle?
I seem to remember the train I was on broke down on the way back - bleeding freezing.
Programme went missing when I moved thirty years ago.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
After waving my 1983 Cup Final flag around on both Wembley occasions, I rolled it around the stick and put in under my bed. Two years' later when moving house, I unfurled the flag to find that it resembled a string vest, due to clothes moths eating a good eighty percent of it. It then went in the bin. I've been on the warpath against clothes moths ever since.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Roll of negatives from the end of season dinner in 2001 or 2002. Would have been dynamite. Zamora and all the drinking club. Lost it somewhere round Brighton station the next day, probably still pissed. Hopefully it'll turn up in Snoopers Paradise in 50 years' time.

Guess technically I part-lost the giant flag but the story behind that is so dull and it was a matter of time as no-one was interested in having it at games

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
After waving my 1983 Cup Final flag around on both Wembley occasions, I rolled it around the stick and put in under my bed. Two years' later when moving house, I unfurled the flag to find that it resembled a string vest, due to clothes moths eating a good eighty percent of it. It then went in the bin. I've been on the warpath against clothes moths ever since.

My 1983 Cup Final flag went back to Wembley for the 1991 Play Off Final.

To cap one of the worst Albion days my mate gave it away to some random girl he was chatting up at half-time and I never saw it again.

So gutted. Although, like many others I’m sure, I do still have a slightly crumbling finger...

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I retrieved the piece of the plastic tunnel wall that Darren Moore punched out after being sent off in the Doncaster last match at the Goldstone.
It had survived 2 house moves, but sadly in the third house move last year it has gone missing.
Now just a seat left, well hidden from any anti-hoarders.

My 1983 Cup Final flag went back to Wembley for the 1991 Play Off Final.

To cap one of the worst Albion days my mate gave it away to some random girl he was chatting up at half-time and I never saw it again.

So gutted. Although, like many others I’m sure, I do still have a slightly crumbling finger...

Crumbling finger that's what you get with these random girls???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I left my Goldstone turf on the balcony of my old flat in a pot . . . I like to think the seeds have travelled to the strip of grass at the end on New Road.

I lost my early 80's scarf which was half knitted colours, lengthways with a print, poor quality but I liked it.

still have my 79 promotion mug, 70's subbuteo team, lump of east terrace concrete and '97 tickets/programmes etc.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
After visiting the Albion museum last year I was reminded of the 1988 inflatable seagull I loved back then (but probably later dumped in a charity shop bag) and the cheap and tacky TSB Albion wall clock (circa 1991), which Iater just fell apart. Didn't think as a young man to keep such things for nostalgic reasons now I'm in my late 40s :-(
Also, I have still never forgiven Brentford for their fan who nicked the Albion beanie off my head on the train home to Haywards Heath. He was proper hard and I was just a rather meek 16 yo. Glad they didn't get promoted this year, ha!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I brought back a piece of the penalty area from St. James' Park from that promotion game. I carefully nurtured it and planted it in my parents back lawn, where it flourished for years, until they paved over it...!
A similar thing happened to the Goldstone turf

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I believe in a house move I misplaced a box full of ticket stubs going back to the late 80s. Had 91 play off final, last game at the Goldstone, various world cups/euros, lots of gigs and badges from racecourses all over.

Worth absolutely piss all I expect but sparks some great and not so great memories for me.

I'm still hopeful its going to turn up somewhere but I've moved again since then so don't think it will.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I had my Wolves programme singed by Wardy at the Station Hotel by Preston Park Station the following week when a few of the team turned up for the raffle?
I seem to remember the train I was on broke down on the way back - bleeding freezing.
Programme went missing when I moved thirty years ago.

Didn't your Big Coat go walkabout fairly recently also? :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not lost but found. In a bin (on the top, it caught my eye, I am not a bin-dipper) in Newtown Road, in around 1996. A VGC Albion programme from the last few months of our last season in the old Division 1. A most peculiar find. I still have it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else manage to acquire one of these little beauties? Bought a couple, one for meself, obviously, and one to get engraved to celebrate the 80th birthday of my very dear friend and lifelong Albion fan Connie.

Seem to vaguely recall that some ebay geezer tried to buy up the entire stock, forcing the club to withdraw them from sale earlydoors

20200815_110439.jpg

20200815_110446.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I lent an audio cassette to [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION] to upload to his Seagulls TV site (which he couldn't do because the quality wasn't good enough). It contained the commentary from Match of the Day of our victory over Forest in November 1979, followed by some absolutely cracking interviews with Mullery and Clough. The tape also contained other favourite Albion audio snippits I'd captured at the time in my yoof - like our goals v Newcastle to win promotion.

Unfortunately he lost it :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here