[Albion] Lost Chelsea Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But there is a clear distinction between someone in Iran who "adopts" BHA because a player of his nation has made it to the PL, and someone who latches on to one of the Big Six because they're the high profile trophy-laden clubs who have the biggest profile and always hoover up the silverware. Thats the very definition of a glory-hunter.

Nobody, but NOBODY follows BHA for the glory. We've never won anything, and we never will. Our trophy is 17th.

Don’t fall into a trap of talking like a glory hunter when bashing them Easy - we’ve won plenty of trophies, many in the last 20 years.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just say you were involved in one of the other local teams, Worthing, Eastbourne Borough, Burgess Hill. You'd probably be sick of coach loads of people leaving town every Saturday to go and watch the Albion

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My lad plays football in Preston Park at the weekends and the number of kids in Albion shorts there is crazy. Even the ones in other kits know all the Brighton players, like Brighton and are there for the taking (in a brain washing sense)

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Now, here's a question. Our Singing Andy from New York a year or two back decided he would become an Albion supporter for the flimsiest of reasons (something to do with his ex being a Palace supporter?). Does that make him a plastic? I don't think so. He must spend a packet to get over to watch Albion games. Saw him at Albion away to Liverpool. Also saw him at the Amex to see the U23's the night before the FA cup semi final, when many, many, many on here would rather slit their own throats than spend an evening supporting our youngsters. A great example of our new generation of decidedly unplastic plastics, I think he's great, if a little potty.

Saw him on the train back to Brighton from the Arsenal game too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My lad plays football in Preston Park at the weekends and the number of kids in Albion shorts there is crazy. Even the ones in other kits know all the Brighton players, like Brighton and are there for the taking (in a brain washing sense)

Taking our kids many times to Preston Park 5, 10 years ago it was all Barca and Chelsea.

Good to know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that really how we pick our clubs ?

Anyway, it depends how you define success. Success for the "big six" is Champions League and silverware. Success for BHA is currently being behind only 13 teams out of 92 in the entire country. If we're still there in May, then for me, that is most certainly success.

It’s all about winning the fa cup and the first division three times on the trot!

So for me Dave, my team has done that. Anything Brighton does is a bonus :wink:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Think this is bad, try growing up in Scotland. Walking to see Stirling Albion play on a Saturday past fukwits in Celtic or Rangers tops who never go to games giving you dogs abuse for supporting your local team. Even worse, seeing coach loads of these mugs going across from Stirling to Glasgow to watch them play while Stirling Albion struggled to get over 900 fans through the turnstiles used to boiled my piss.

“Used to boil my piss” may be the most Scottish thing written on here ever

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don’t fall into a trap of talking like a glory hunter when bashing them Easy - we’ve won plenty of trophies, many in the last 20 years.

We have indeed - but only ones that glory hunters would be completely oblivious of, and thumb their ignorant noses at. Thats the point - they just don't GET it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s all about winning the fa cup and the first division three times on the trot!

So for me Dave, my team has done that. Anything Brighton does is a bonus :wink:

Its in the books for sure. But it only exists in those grainy Charlie Chaplin-type videos.

Even Dirty Leeds used to win things. Nobody gives a shit now though :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its in the books for sure. But it only exists in those grainy Charlie Chaplin-type videos.

Even Dirty Leeds used to win things. Nobody gives a shit now though :)

I think you would find that your term “ nobody” is somewhat exaggerated. Nobody outside West Yorkshire maybe.

Having said that it is the same with most teams...nobody gives a shit about Brighton outside our fan base.

After all, in our 100+ years of history, we have only been in the top flight for 7 years. So to most people we are still a small seaside town team on our uppers at the moment due to a very rich benefactor. It’s all relative

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
So to most people we are still a small seaside town team on our uppers at the moment due to a very rich benefactor.

We’re definitely not on our uppers all the while Uncle Tony and his bottomless bank account is in charge.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We’re definitely not on our uppers all the while Uncle Tony and his bottomless bank account is in charge.

Which of course is a blessing but also a worry if we are trying to stand on our own feet. This is the problem with modern sport..it very much relies on rich men or women. Long may it continue

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Does it matter? Surely you can live anywhere you like and support anyone you like? I get it with the full kit wanker in your local who has never been to a game, but if you go you are a supporter. Perhaps we should only allow people with 200 loyalty points plus onto NSC? ,

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We support
We support
We support your local team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
About 5 years ago, my neighbours son was riding his bike up and down our close wearing a ManUre top. He was around 7-8 yo. Sees me coming out of the house with my BHA shirt on, off to the Amex. Says “Brighton are crap“. I ask why he supports ManUre and he says “because they are good“. This was around the Hyypia time - so we were crap tbh.

Fast forward to last summer, he's out there in a BHA top as I go to the game and say, “nice top“ to him.

His dad isn't into football at all, a rugby fan but has taken his son to a couple of games.

So to some degree he's a Brighton plastic following us only after getting into the PL. But for some reason, it's not as bad as the complete plastics as it is his local club and he's been a few times.

Atleast I don't have to look at him playing with that sh1tty red shirt on anymore as he's well grown out of it by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports