Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lose to bottom team, horrible new kit, everyone injured or suspended, and palace coming up

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
THIS is a bad dream? How long have you been supporting the Albion? 2 - 3 seasons by any chance?

33 years....... .....its just sooo frustrating at "being there" and being good enough and throwing it all away like gaylords.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
33 years....... .....its just sooo frustrating at "being there" and being good enough and throwing it all away like gaylords.

But I thought gays couldn't throw? :whistle:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

1980? Ah you just missed the 2-0 victory against Blackpool, when Saints and Spurs stitched us up. That was a bad dream.

I won't mention the mid 90s.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
We have played well in the last 2 games and come away with nothing. I think everyone will be out to prove a point come Sunday.
Sunday was always massive, now our season depends on it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Re: lose to bottom team, horrible new kit, everyone injured or suspended, and palace

We have played well in the last 2 games and come away with nothing. I think everyone will be out to prove a point come Sunday.
Sunday was always massive, now our season depends on it.

Have we? You're the first to say we played well against Barnsley. We were utter tripe against Bristol city. Bolton unlucky not to get something. So one out of three games we were ok, that's hardly good enough.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I had a bad dream once. It was on the train on the way back from Newcastle in 1979. I'd been celebrating our promotion to the First Division and I was in an alcohol-fuelled sleep, and as the train went through Preston Park I heard a voice say: "Withdean Stadium's over there. In twenty years time that'll be Brighton's home ground. They will be back in the Fourth Division and playing in front of crowds of 6000."
"No!" I said, struggling to wake from the nightmare.
"Relax," said the voice, "You'll actually be pleased as you'll consider it to be progress."

The worst, the very worst you can say about this current mini-slump (one point from three away games and a few injuries and suspensions) is that 'things aren't 100% ideal'. Despite the little hiccups this is still a great era (and could get better), but it will end, and when it's over and we're struggling at the foot of this division again (and bigger clubs than us have fallen further) this little spell won't even register. Enjoy it.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I had a bad dream once. It was on the train on the way back from Newcastle in 1979. I'd been celebrating our promotion to the First Division and I was in an alcohol-fuelled sleep, and as the train went through Preston Park I heard a voice say: "Withdean Stadium's over there. In twenty years time that'll be Brighton's home ground. They will be back in the Fourth Division and playing in front of crowds of 6000."
"Relax," said the voice, "You'll actually be pleased as you'll consider it to be progress."

The worst, the very worst you can say about this current mini-slump (one point from three away games and a few injuries and suspensions) is that 'things aren't 100% ideal'. Despite the little hiccups this is still a great era (and could get better), but it will end, and when it's over and we're struggling at the foot of this division again (and bigger clubs than us have fallen further) this little spell won't even register. Enjoy it.

I don't even consider it a 'little spell.' It is just 3 games we have gone where we haven't been great and only picked up a point. It really does amaze me how after a win, we are going to get automatic promotion. And after those 3 games, we may as well be going back to league 1.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

Good post.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
As a battle hardened supporter since 1984, sitting just off the playoffs in this wonderful arena, I find it hard to listen to all this moaning. For me these are glory days and I am loving every minute of it. For some people to be crying over an irrelevant kit style is frankly quite unbelievable! Enjoy it now and take in all these Albion memories.

SNAP! I became a Brighton fan in 1984 AND i live in East Preston! I've been trying to shake off the JCL tag ever since.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SNAP! I became a Brighton fan in 1984 AND i live in East Preston! I've been trying to shake off the JCL tag ever since.
You're worse than a JCL though, you're a BKS which I'm sure EastPrestonGull isn't!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
lose to bottom team, horrible new kit, everyone injured or suspended, and palac

it's hopefully a bad dream....

It's just horrific isn't it. The best stadium in the Championship, some of the best players ever to play for the club, a sought after up and coming manager who's given the club an identity with his brand of passing, possession football, and on course for our highest league finish for 22 years. I don't know why we still bother going.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You're worse than a JCL though, you're a BKS which I'm sure EastPrestonGull isn't!

:smile::smile: The K probably stands for Kent but i'm not sure i want to hear the rest. Anyway, judging by his signature i think he wsnts to move to Hampshite. Far worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here