Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lose against Grimsby or lose in the semi?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I know what you mean but it isnt really. It’s a ground in the south of England. Not sure why us Northerners should have to go down there. Should be at Villa Park if it’s Brighton v Manchester/Sheffield/Blackburn and somewhere up north if Grimsby get through.
Oh for pities sake, the UK is tiny, imagine being over here.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The semi finals should be moved back to neutral stadiums. The Taylor Report has made all top flight grounds safe, hasn’t it ? Oh, I forgot about the money.
Seemingly it is about the money but I really don't get it. Most of it will come from TV anyway and the difference between gate revenue from Wembley to say an OT or Emirates can't be that significant to the overall money generated.

Friggin loathe it, if we draw Sheff U or Blackburn I might take my chances and hang on for the final

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seemingly it is about the money but I really don't get it. Most of it will come from TV anyway and the difference between gate revenue from Wembley to say an OT or Emirates can't be that significant to the overall money generated.

Friggin loathe it, if we draw Sheff U or Blackburn I might take my chances and hang on for the final
If played at OT or the Emirates, money goes to United and Arsenal. The FA need that money to pay for their vanity project, hence all semi-finalists are forced to play at Wembley.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
If played at OT or the Emirates, money goes to United and Arsenal. The FA need that money to pay for their vanity project, hence all semi-finalists are forced to play at Wembley.
Weren’t some semi-finals played at Wembley in the early 90s? I’m sure I remember that being the case, a nipper thought I would have been at the time.

Edit: this definitely was. Not sure if it was just to maximise capacity for two London teams, or not.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I still struggle to understand this thread!

Loose/knocked out earlier to a 4th tier side or later by arguably the best side and manager in the world with some of the greatest ever PL players on a big stage? I only see two negatives being compared with two positives (given in the ‘game’ we have to be knocked out).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I don't see why you'd want to deny yourself the chance of going to Wembley to watch us?

Doesn't happen often as a Brighton fan!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Utter humiliation that will make headlines worldwide or one of the milestone days in the club’s history. Hmmm .. difficult choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here