Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lord Frost of Brexit resigns

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could be. It is being leaked that Frost resigned a week ago over the plans to bring in Covid restrictions and a number of other matters.

No doubt we will be presented with different versions of the truth from various sources, about which Johnson couldn't possibly comment, over the next few days, until he decides on which version of the truth will play best with his adoring support.

Various talking heads are opining with different spins on the radio, presently. ???

I can guarantee that isn't true. Frost has only ever been interested in Brexit, knows he is in a no-win position and has taken the opportunity to jump ship

rats.jpg

Can't say how I know, but it will all be in my autobiography :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he resigned over a week ago, was it not announced until after the North Shropshire by election because they knew how badly it would play out?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he resigned over a week ago, was it not announced until after the North Shropshire by election because they knew how badly it would play out?

The resignation or the by-election?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I can guarantee that isn't true. Frost has only ever been interested in Brexit, knows he is in a no-win position and has taken the opportunity to jump ship

View attachment 142902

Can't say how I know, but it will all be in my autobiography :wink:

And yet he went on record in favour of Remain before the referendum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the resignation letter released (see link below) Lord Brexit explains that he's leaving because he jolly well apreciates that everything is excellent and is jolly well content that it will become excellent again, going forward.

By way of reply, the PM acknowledges that tough decisions have been made and the ones that are correct that he made, he jolly well stands by, and that he thanks Lord Brexit for supporting him in making it all possible.

I am currently weeping with joy at how British this all is. And make no mistake, under Corbyn Labour, none of this would have been possible.

Από το μεγαλείο προέρχονται ακόμη περισσότερα σπουδαία πράγματα για τη δόξα και τη σεξουαλική μου ικανοποίηση

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59714710

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like this was the last straw for Brexit hard man Steve Baker, and he's removed Nadine Dorries from their group chat

[Tweet]1472331053775958016[/tweet]

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
In the resignation letter released (see link below) Lord Brexit explains that he's leaving because he jolly well apreciates that everything is excellent and is jolly well content that it will become excellent again, going forward.

By way of reply, the PM acknowledges that tough decisions have been made and the ones that are correct that he made, he jolly well stands by, and that he thanks Lord Brexit for supporting him in making it all possible.

I am currently weeping with joy at how British this all is. And make no mistake, under Corbyn Labour, none of this would have been possible.

Από το μεγαλείο προέρχονται ακόμη περισσότερα σπουδαία πράγματα για τη δόξα και τη σεξουαλική μου ικανοποίηση

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59714710

Where the F did you get that from? Sexual gratification? It's not bloody Latin.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I can't help but note, and it may lower the tone somewhat, that the announcement of the Brexit Lord's resignation coincided with some sort of cum dancing final. Perhaps it would not be noticed with all that white stuff wriggling on the floor.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From his resignation letter;;

“It has been a huge honour and privilege to work with you over the last five years, first in the Foreign Office and then in No.10. You have been an outstanding leader at a moment of grave constitutional crisis for this country. Many said that it would be impossible to deliver what we did: an end to political turbulence by implementing the referendum result, a stunning election victory, an exit from the EU which gave us full freedom about our future choices as a country, and finally putting in place the world's broadest and indeed only zero-tariff free trade deal. You and I have always shared the same approach on Brexit and I do not think we would have achieved so much without that close common understanding of our aims.”

I’m sorrry? What? :lolol::lolol:

Resignation letters should be polite but I’ve never seen one contain so many outright lies before

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And yet he went on record in favour of Remain before the referendum.

Wasn't that when he was CEO of some whisky body that he said leaving the Single Market would entail significant risks (or something similar) ?

*edit* Found it

SWA chief executive David Frost said: "EU membership has many advantages for Scotch. The single market, including its regulation of food and drink, and its single trade policy are central to the success of Scotch. It lets us trade across the EU simply and easily and helps give us fairer access to other overseas markets."

Everything he said has proven to be true for his paymasters at the time :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here