Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Beefy

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Also forgot about the word "freely" - after 1 Jan if you want to work in the EU you'll need to apply for residency and a work permit. The process can be quite lengthy, and in most countries you will need to have a confirmed job offer and/or contract of employment before you apply. Even just travelling on holiday will be a bit of a pain (no longer covered by EHIC, need to get special driving permit, probably a lot more hassle at the border, etc, etc). I mainly feel sorry for the younger generation - unlikely to be able to participate in Erasmus programmes, studying at EU universities massively more expensive, much more tricky getting a job in the EU/EEA. But Brexit is mainly a project for the oldies, and I doubt if they'll care.

Comprehensive travel insurance is always advisable, why would you want to travel for a non existent job?
Self responsibility.
Let’s get going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Comprehensive travel insurance is always advisable, why would you want to travel for a non existent job?
Self responsibility.
Let’s get going.

Travel insurance: It'll be more expensive (and will always have exclusions - eg: Covid-related illness)

Jobs: One of the questions you'll get asked (when applying for a job in the EU) is "Have you got a work permit?" As a Brit, you're almost certainly NOT going to have one, whereas most other applicants (being EU residents) won't need one. So you'll be at the back of the queue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Travel insurance: It'll be more expensive (and will always have exclusions - eg: Covid-related illness)

Jobs: One of the questions you'll get asked (when applying for a job in the EU) is "Have you got a work permit?" As a Brit, you're almost certainly NOT going to have one, whereas most other applicants (being EU residents) won't need one. So you'll be at the back of the queue.

He knows all that and doesn’t care.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It was a prediction not a demand.

We all know what happens when the kids in the participation race come of age....
Feet get stamped, dummies get spat out and they usually get appeased, I suppose your wish for the pit will happen.
Cancel culture innit..
Let’s get going..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I have a perfectly good job here thanks.
Let’s get going.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
why would you want to travel for a non existent job?

To start a new life, somewhere different? A sense of adventure? A change of scenery? Fun? That’s 4 reasons. How many would you like?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a perfectly good job here thanks.

I’m pleased you feel that you have a good job, and are, I presume, living where you want to live. But this isn’t the case for everyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, not jealousy, but grieving the rights I had which have been removed from me & millions of others.

There’s an old song which is true today
‘It’s the rich wot gets the pleasures, and the poor wot gets the blame’

What rights have been removed from you?

The right to live, work and travel freely throughout the EU and EEA. It’s called Freedom of Movement. Denied to Brits from 1Jan next year.

The UK left the EU, We are still part of Europe, are we not allowed to travel and live in Europe anymore?

After everything which has been said over the past few years I find it astonishing there are still some boneheads trotting out this argument. You really shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Off to the bear pit.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
After everything which has been said over the past few years I find it astonishing there are still some boneheads trotting out this argument. You really shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Off to the bear pit.

better get in quick then. Who are the boneheads?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Living is also restricted to 90 days in any one year after January.

Bear pit bound.

Pretty much everyone is in agreement that the UK and EU will agree reciprocal terms for those wanting to visit/travel for tourist and business traveller reasons under the visa waiver arrangement.
This is multi entry under the standardised 90/180 rules, ie 90 days of travel in a 180 day period. Not 90 days annually at all. Living there or here is entirely different, if you are allowed to live there or in the UK officially as a resident then the 90 day rule doesn’t apply.
I havnt heard anyone suggest VWP rules for UK citizens visiting EU or EU citizens visiting UK will be harsher than the visa waiver programme rules that apply to over 60 non-EU countries.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whats all this ' Lets get going' malarky?

Are we going somewhere? Do I need to make a packed lunch, is it gonna rain, if it is I’ll need my pac a mac

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Off to the bear pit.

And here is the one thing that you just cannot take away from me, My right to vote, you can try burn my books, you can try cancel out my history, you cannot take away my right to vote.

Let’s get going.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And here is the one thing that you just cannot take away from me, My right to vote, you can try burn my books, you can try cancel out my history, you cannot take away my right to vote.

Let’s get going.

You have books. That’s a start. In fact it’s a very good place to start. Have a go at reading them; I appreciate they can look daunting and overwhelming with all those pages and words but they get easier to over time. I have confidence in you and I reckon in a few months you will be reading them properly and not having to follow the words with your finger.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You have books. That’s a start. In fact it’s a very good place to start. Have a go at reading them; I appreciate they can look daunting and overwhelming with all those pages and words but they get easier to over time. I have confidence in you and I reckon in a few months you will be reading them properly and not having to follow the words with your finger.

Good idea, but I suspect your timing could have been better

4a7ad5294640c6726b9d975c56af6ca4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here