Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lopez - what has happened to him?

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I think he was perfect for Poyets ponderous, slow build up, keep ball game. I think the pressing and more direct football Oscar is trying to play is taking Lopez well out of his comfort zone.
When he was switched to the middle tonight he disappeared completely.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He was never good last year, couple of free kicks and people dribbled over him without considering his constant piss poor all round play.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Some good corners tonight and his left footed pass that set Conway on his way was a cracker. Too easily tackled though at times. Is improving.

No he's not. He was a complete and utter waste of a player tonight. Would have fared no worse with 10.......

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think he was perfect for Poyets ponderous, slow build up, keep ball game. I think the pressing and more direct football Oscar is trying to play is taking Lopez well out of his comfort zone.
When he was switched to the middle tonight he disappeared completely.

Hang on. We didn't press tonight and we weren't direct.... We were simply pathetic...

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Wether he was good or not last season isn't the point, he has been very poor this season a total passenger and needs to be dropped. Couldn't believe he started again after the Bournemouth display. Worrying that Oscar keeps picking him when so out of form.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Funniest thing I saw Lopex do tonight was point to where he wanted the ball ahead of him, he got the pass to where he wanted, but he didn't move to get there himself. What's that about ???

Player scores tonight was 3 throughout the team and 0.25 for Lopez.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
And just as he was FINALLY getting into the game off he goes to be replaced by Agustien. I didn't get that substitution at all. Didn't understand Lita for Barnes either. Why not play two up top rather than 1 against bloody Barnsley

Thank God he did - Agustien was about the only plus point for me tonight. Even though he lost the ball a few times, he still made several defence splitting passes which was more than Dave had done all game (and all season).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lopez shouldn'r even be on the bench. Utter gash this season.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have to say he's been such a disappointment. I was one of the VAST majority desperately hoping he'd re-sign but there comes a time when, even a player who has earned the benefit of the doubt, needs to be dropped. He's just not the same player. Doesn't mean we need to consign him to the dustbin but I think there are much better options or certainly will be once everyone is properly fit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn't have as good a season last year as most make out.

This. He was ok last season with a few memorable goals but the way people talk like he was a world beater makes me chuckle.
Anyway this season he has been pants and of late is trying to break the record for how many times a midfielder can jump out of a tackle.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Thank God he did - Agustien was about the only plus point for me tonight. Even though he lost the ball a few times, he still made several defence splitting passes which was more than Dave had done all game (and all season).
you must be joking about agustien , gives the ball away 90% of the time , looks over weight . just does not contribute to the team , dont understand why he is on the pitch

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Where to start on the rest?

They were all appalling tonight. Hard to pick who wasn't off their game.

Was surprised Ince didn't start and even more surprised he didn't get a 30 minute stint.

You thought Conway was appalling?

You're bloody daft.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Lopez is a better player with Orlandi in the team.

They work fantastically well together. When Orlandi is fully back, we will see the best of Dave
This and the return to full fitness of Ulloa we/he desperately need him to get on the end of his crosses.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
People saying that Lopez was crap last season really have short memories. The free kicks, the crisp passing and even popping up with some goals. For me his skill was summed up at Middlesbrough. Bridcutt slips him through a perfect weighted ball, he chases it down heading towards us in the away end and so calmly slots it away and confirms the 3 points. When he wants to he is quality. As someone posted, hopefully when Orlandi is at full fitness, our Spanish Maestros can click into gear again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here