Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lopetegui out, O'Neill in (probably)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have to disagree, when we had the ball they didn't just have their whole team in their half, they were all in their half of their own half.
Well you'll have to disagree with me as well. The first half was pretty open. Fair play they went 'uberdefensive' in the second half but part of that was to bring us on and try to exploit us on the counterattack which they did well but didn't capitalise.
In the first half they had four defenders on the half way line, and the six other outfield players were pressing us when we played out from the back. Note also that to play like that for 90 minutes is incredibly difficult, only the top teams (City, Liverpool) do it, and that it's even more difficult when you haven't got a bench to sustain it (which Wolves certainly didn't).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv
Well, I had Wolves to finish in 19th, but that was prior to O'Neil's arrival. It was pretty obvious that he was having an effect from that early (opening?) game against United, when they were brilliant. GO'N has conveyed his ideas, and the team are buying into them. He spoke really well after the game last night too, and has done on other shows. He also did a fine job at Bournemouth.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well you'll have to disagree with me as well. The first half was pretty open. Fair play they went 'uberdefensive' in the second half but part of that was to bring us on and try to exploit us on the counterattack which they did well but didn't capitalise.
In the first half they had four defenders on the half way line, and the six other outfield players were pressing us when we played out from the back. Note also that to play like that for 90 minutes is incredibly difficult, only the top teams (City, Liverpool) do it, and that it's even more difficult when you haven't got a bench to sustain it (which Wolves certainly didn't).
Agree.

I thought football wise both teams were very open in the first half, and credit to O’Neil and Wolves for pushing 6 on, very brave….

Although they had less of the ball in the second half, I would argue they had the better chances and looked quite dangerous on the break.

In fact despite chasing the ball, they looked fitter than us at the end.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, I had Wolves to finish in 19th, but that was prior to O'Neil's arrival. It was pretty obvious that he was having an effect from that early (opening?) game against United, when they were brilliant. GO'N has conveyed his ideas, and the team are buying into them. He spoke really well after the game last night too, and has done on other shows. He also did a fine job at Bournemouth.
Good manager - no doubt.

Did well to keep Plucky up, and then has significantly improved Wolves.

Considering they've had a few bad VAR decisions this season(us last season), they'd be where we are or just above us (with the lost points). They've turned over city this season too so not a bad side! We were frustrating Monday night as we just ran into their defensive block most of the night. They looked very dangerous on the counter and I'm expecting a similar game in cup on Saturday albeit, Sheffield United won't be as good on the counter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here