Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Loony labour vote to abolish private education

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
really people can get on with their own effort.

If you want to extend this beyond Politics, those that do, do have to work harder though.

I know many people from "humble background" who work in all parts of the "establishment" who are up against the less useful but privileged.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
southstandandy;9080604 And I thought schools were over crowded and under funded as it is.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe if the rich kids when to the same school as the others politicans etc would have a bigger interest in funding the schools accordingly

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bit unfair, she went to state school. Had a bit of complicated upbringing and relied on free meals at school. As a result had to retake all her exams and via the University of Kent ended up a Barrister.

As much as I find her annoying (which I do), she is someone who got has got where she is via hard work and intelligence.

Far from stupid.

She ends up married to Sir Christopher Nugee, who she met at University.

It really exposes the wankers in charge of the Tory party when they routinely refer to her as "Lady Nugee" as Boris Johnson did in Parliament recently.

That's not them exposing her as "posh", it's them telling her she isn't really as posh as them.

Also, Diane Abbots infamous mix up on Police numbers in the radio interview. I believe she said she was having a hypoglysemic episode that left her confused. As a diabetic myself i can confirm that trying to think straight, when your body is low on glucose can be a very challenging business. And, it's not always easy to be sure you have had the right dose of insulin as there can be many factors affecting your diabetes, but, the press decided to take the piss and label her a thickee.
I wonder if they would have treated Theresa May the same when she was their Golden Girl.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What you see is what you get, Corbyn wears a mask.

Johnson is a die hard remainer who selected leave purely because he saw that was the way to go to further his career and fulfil his ambition to become PM.
How big a mask do you want?
Even most Tories know he has 10 faces and nobody knows what he is doing and where we are going with Brexit.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
As a Teacher for 17 years and having taught over 6,000 kids in more than 100 schools, I say bring it on! Our devisive system is toilet and not fit for purpose. On almost every measure Finnish education surpasses the rest of the world. It's not just because of their class sizes, no homework, no national exams till 16, learning through play until 7, the main reason is it is illegal to open a private school. This way the rich, knowing their kids have to go to school with the hoy polloi, demand to pay higher taxes to ensure all schools are well funded and of the highest standard. Eton receives more state funding than any state school. And Ofsted can go f**k itself - bunch of bullies.

I think your user name gives a clue to your red tinted glasses eh comrade??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you want to extend this beyond Politics, those that do, do have to work harder though.

I know many people from "humble background" who work in all parts of the "establishment" who are up against the less useful but privileged.

true, the same in any system "who you know" helps. difference is that these days its not the exclusive club of several decades ago. feels like Labour is fighting old battles.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Also, Diane Abbots infamous mix up on Police numbers in the radio interview. I believe she said she was having a hypoglysemic episode that left her confused. As a diabetic myself i can confirm that trying to think straight, when your body is low on glucose can be a very challenging business. And, it's not always easy to be sure you have had the right dose of insulin as there can be many factors affecting your diabetes, but, the press decided to take the piss and label her a thickee.
I wonder if they would have treated Theresa May the same when she was their Golden Girl.

Theresa May is also diabetic.
Is that her excuse for getting everything wrong?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Oh dear. KEEP on topic, this is NOT the brexit thread nor my political 'willy' is bigger than yours. The proposed and voted on manifesto policy is a non starter and will likely antagonise even more than it will appeal to. You Labour supporters are going to be humiliated when you come 3rd in the next GE.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear. KEEP on topic, this is NOT the brexit thread nor my political 'willy' is bigger than yours. The proposed and voted on manifesto policy is a non starter and will likely antagonise even more than it will appeal to. You Labour supporters are going to be humiliated when you come 3rd in the next GE.

You really don't have a clue how dense you are, do you!

I have only skimmed the thread but I think you are the first person to mention Brexit. Well done.:facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is Theresa May also diabetic?
Because she got her numbers all wrong when she sacked 20,000 coppers.
The difference is that her miscalculation really mattered and has caused massive problems with law and order.
Abbott got pelters for making an error on radio whilst ill, not quite the same is it.

May is a type one diabetic, but, crucially, she has an implanted monitor and insulin pump that negates the need for close monitoring and insulin injections.
I agree about her getting Plods numbers wrong though, but, Johnson has been able to dress it up as he is putting more Bobbies on the streets, and, people fall for it.h
I despair at this country, sometimes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thick as mince.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
how would you know if children are falling behind? or if schools are letting standards fall? OFSTED is will just be replaced by different process, underslightly different managment with same staff. we had yr 2 SAT with no bother, bearly even mentioned. they are a "problem" where they may expose poor standards.

Where did I say falling behind?
I said they are put under too much stress with too many exams to please OFSTED.
Any teacher can tell if a pupil is behind without constantly testing them.
Look at Scandinavian and Canadian education always said to be the best in the world.
Most teachers and parents I have spoken to agree and have hated the education system under this government and the endless paperwork OFSTED demands.
They spend more time filling in forms than teaching kids.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really wouldn't worry. Nobody is going to abolish private schools. Firstly, I suspect it wouldn't be lawful and secondly it's just lip service to the loony left to garner votes.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Meanwhile Labour will never win an election with this marxist commy rabble and these sorts of manifesto policies are doing the opposition enormous favours. Labour, the pathetic group, party and supporters!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You really don't have a clue how dense you are, do you!

I have only skimmed the thread but I think you are the first person to mention Brexit. Well done.:facepalm:

I did quickly mention Brexit but only to do with Corbyn and his mask compared to Johnson.
But you are still right, it was not a Brexit thread post, if it was read in the right context.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

My willy is a floating willy, always has been, always will be.
I suggest you put yours away as you seem to be waving it about all over the place this evening.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Now the idiots who keep on giving are trying to abolish Labour Students Wing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Talk about how not to win friends and influence people, what next......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here