Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

looks like some ipswich fans weren't admirers of mr richards

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=96929

so maybe theres a good chance we can get him permanently in the summer.

'Matt Richards has returned to the Seagulls in a loan spell which will see him at Brighton until the end of the season.

Richards has been one of the greatest disappointments to have ever come through the much acclaimed Ipswich academy and I am not sure many will mourn his exit.

Brighton have shown an interest in signing Richards on a permanent basis and in my opinion, they are more than welcome to do so.

To be fair to the boy, even though Town fans such as myself get on his back all too easily he gives his all every time he plays but he is simply not good enough for us and our ambitions.'

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ipswich fans I've had in the shop have had mixed views.

They rate him, but don't see him being quite 'there' yet. But they still think he's better than Dan Harding.

Not difficult at left back my mum is better.

Harding was more effective left midfield in my opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The major difference is Ipswich are a championship side with aspirations of reaching the premier, so he wouldnt be good enough.

We are a div 1 side with aspiration of just missing the play offs for the Championship so he is good enough.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully it keeps Mayo out of the first-team, although SW have him in the provisional team ahead of Richards ???

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Matt Richards is without doubt better than any other options that we have. Surely what Ipswich fans think of him is irrelevant? He might not have been "quite there" in the Championship but we suffered only 2 defeats in the 18 games he played for us when he was last here. He was highly rated when he first emerged and I think still has potential to improve.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didn't rate Richards, but better than we have got at the moment.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm the same, never really rated him, he just strolled around trying not to get injured, not really getting stuck in, and was too much of a long ball player.

But i hold my hands up and say he is the best left back we had this season, and we have been a bit toilet in defence with out him

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Hopefully it keeps Mayo out of the first-team, although SW have him in the provisional team ahead of Richards ???

You obviously didn't travel to Oldham then? If you did you would have seen Kerry have a good game, and I would give him a chance again tomoro.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I still have no problem with Kerry at all but think that the best he can hope for now is a place on the bench with Richards return. Unless of course Richards is used in midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here