Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like no more movements on the transfer front.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
After the exciting appointment of Oscar i would have expected more ambition in terms of transfers. Poor show.

We've already got a stronger squad than last season; what else do you want? We also have the emergence of Ince and March to get excited about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think you can really make that comment with any conviction until September 3rd. We may end up with another striker (I think we will) and then we will have Ulloa, Barnes, CMS (soon) + A.N. Other. That should be fine for the rest of the season.

Fair enough, but the unsubtle smoke signals coming from the Albion suggest we are NOT going to sign a striker before the window closes. I find that surprising given where we are with striker injuries. PB told us we had a similar budget to last year, and TB told us the target was top 6. If that's the case, why haven't we acted to address an issue apparent since towards the end of last season (with CMS, Hoskins injuries) sooner?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've already got a stronger squad than last season; what else do you want? We also have the emergence of Ince and March to get excited about.

Two of the best prospects we have had at the club for many years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

How about a fit first-team striker?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Some of our fans make joey deacon seem like a mensa memeber

I very much doubt whether there are too many members of MENSA on NSC - not that it would mean an awful lot anyway if they were.

Last edited:

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Fair enough, but the unsubtle smoke signals coming from the Albion suggest we are NOT going to sign a striker before the window closes. I find that surprising given where we are with striker injuries. PB told us we had a similar budget to last year, and TB told us the target was top 6. If that's the case, why haven't we acted to address an issue apparent since towards the end of last season (with CMS, Hoskins injuries) sooner?

Just trust in TB and the board/club :)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I like this period - as we approach the transfer deadline. The terminally dim witted can't hold themselves back at this time of year. That allows the rest of us to clock them and give them a bit of a swerve for the rest of the season. This thread in particular is proving very handy.

Exactly This.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need to panic , there will be clubs on deadline day wanting to offload players , if we can pick up 1 or 2 it will be all rosy again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is still the loan window after the Premier clubs have named their squads and players know they are not included so the only opportunity to get games is to go out on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here