Looks like Moyes has slipped into Ferguson's shoes PERFECTLY ....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I remember one season where Manchester United actually played all of the previous season's top 8 away from home before Christmas, which I would say counters Moyes' argument of it being the toughest start for them for 20 years. The thing was that from recollection United won the league that season because by getting the job done in the tough fixtures early on, they then had a kinder run-in at the business end of the season. Managers seem to be under the impression that making the fixtures just requires pulling balls out of sacks, when in actual fact, it is a very complex thing to get to work which is bound to upset somebody somewhere.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Really ? As the squads stand at this moment, I think they're odds on to in it - an I don't like thm so it pains me to say it. Things could change, though, a couple of big signings here and there. Besides, Jose tends to win the title the first season wherever he goes.

I don't see it myself. Chelsea finished about 20 points behind last season and have not made drastic improvements to their squad. Yes, the arrival of Mourinho and the departure of Ferguson make things a more level playing field, but even so, there's a fair bit of ground for them to make up. Is Mourinho really so good that he can instigate a 20 point swing? I think Chelsea's defence is a weak area. Terry is a liability these days due to his proneness to injury and Gary Cahill showed again last night that he really isn't a top notch defender and if he's playing regularly for Chelsea this coming season, I definitely don't see them winning the league. They stand to lose David Luiz and Petr Cech has become quite inconsistent, exceptional still on his day but more prone to error. United have their own defensive weaknesses as well, but they tightened up after Christmas last season.

Personally, I think Man City are the team to beat. They have upgraded their coach and he should ensure there isn't the level of in-fighting that blighted their season last time. Signing Jesus Navas will give them some much needed width as they played far too narrow too often last season. I expect Yaya Toure, who for my money is the best midfielder in the Premier League to have a much better season this time and if they can get Kompany and Aguero back to the previous season's form, they will take all the stopping. My main question mark with them is the form of Joe Hart. I think he has got very complacent.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
He was a whingeing bar steward when he was at the Bitters so why wouldn't he carry on as normal? Hate is often over-used but I frigging hate MU, even now Taggart isn't manager, still the same old Mancw**ks: club, fans and plastics. I'd love to see Moyes sacked by Christmas.

Would never happen, for all their faults United seem to always have patience, think they understand that it's a transitional period!

1066gull

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."

Is that really how he thinks the fixture list is drawn up ?

"will play number 4....Fulham. And that concludes the draw for the weekend commencing August 17th. Now, the draw for the weekend commencing August 24th. Number 7...."

Scotch buffoon.
this. LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports