Looks like Brighton v Arsenal/Swansea will be shown live on Fox Soccer in the US

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Early heads up for my fellow Stateside NSCers, the TV schedule for Fox Soccer is listing our 4th round tie as being shown live on the 26th (I must admit I wasn't hopeful after we were passed over for live coverage in the UK, but we are obviously an attractive draw over here!).

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Good. I've missed Fox not showing any of the Championship games this season.

Next season the EPL action goes out on NBC, not Fox, and they are, I do believe, showing EVERY game live, courtesy of their multiple channel set up - they used this technique for blanket Olympics coverage. Obviously this will be rather good for Stateside NSCers should/when the Albio join the elite!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Next season the EPL action goes out on NBC, not Fox, and they are, I do believe, showing EVERY game live, courtesy of their multiple channel set up - they used this technique for blanket Olympics coverage. Obviously this will be rather good for Stateside NSCers should/when the Albio join the elite!

Championship games are being shown on beIN Sports this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm going to be in Vegas when were are playing Hull at home on tv, I assume that this match will also be shown on tv in the states so hopefully i can still watch it? If yes, does anyone know where is likely to be the best venue in Vegas to see it?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm going to be in Vegas when were are playing Hull at home on tv, I assume that this match will also be shown on tv in the states so hopefully i can still watch it? If yes, does anyone know where is likely to be the best venue in Vegas to see it?

As mentioned above, beIN Sports have the rights to the Championship games in the US this season. However, they don't show ALL the televised games (the game against Watford wasn't shown, I had to watch a live stream on the internet), so you might not get to see it on TV.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Does this mean an end to the incredibly annoying Warren Barton?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Does this mean an end to the incredibly annoying Warren Barton?

:clap2:

He gets more orange by the minute, which is 100% fake as we have been having quite the run of shitty cold weather here, sunny but not outside weather. This could be quite a change up for our viewing, having finally seen FSC get into a more professional style after those other fellas doing the shows from pubs and the like. Could be interesting with NBC doing it, who do you think they will bring in to be the token English panelist?

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
:clap2:

He gets more orange by the minute, which is 100% fake as we have been having quite the run of shitty cold weather here, sunny but not outside weather. This could be quite a change up for our viewing, having finally seen FSC get into a more professional style after those other fellas doing the shows from pubs and the like. Could be interesting with NBC doing it, who do you think they will bring in to be the token English panelist?

Yep, curtains for Barton I reckon. Who knows who NBC will use, but the whole set up will surely be more professional than FSC. Granted it's a bit better than last seasons woeful efforts, and the boring Scottish bloke droning on for hours on end, without any visuals, has been dropped to the occaisonal appearance from the bench, or as they say 'the studio in Winnipeg' - obviously a hot-spot of canadian soccer action. I suppose Kara is somewhat pleasing on the eye compared with the rest of them, but at the price of the riduculous banter zone. What a load of tosh that is, and here's some more pointless twitter comments - who cares!

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Yep, curtains for Barton I reckon. Who knows who NBC will use, but the whole set up will surely be more professional than FSC. Granted it's a bit better than last seasons woeful efforts, and the boring Scottish bloke droning on for hours on end, without any visuals, has been dropped to the occaisonal appearance from the bench, or as they say 'the studio in Winnipeg' - obviously a hot-spot of canadian soccer action. I suppose Kara is somewhat pleasing on the eye compared with the rest of them, but at the price of the riduculous banter zone. What a load of tosh that is, and here's some more pointless twitter comments - who cares!

That Scottish fella really was/is dull, I was starting to warm to McBride, he appeared as professional on TV as he was playing.

You are right it can only be better, my only concern is Murdoch's knee jerk reaction to having someone else show his broadcast games, and not showing them on his Fox channel. We have benefited from him broadcasting and then showing on his channel, cost wise I mean. He is a malicious fella who is either: Charging NBC a fortune, or has been forced to stop showing them on his channels for monetary reasons. Is there a cost element with NBC showing the games?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
That Scottish fella really was/is dull, I was starting to warm to McBride, he appeared as professional on TV as he was playing.

You are right it can only be better, my only concern is Murdoch's knee jerk reaction to having someone else show his broadcast games, and not showing them on his Fox channel. We have benefited from him broadcasting and then showing on his channel, cost wise I mean. He is a malicious fella who is either: Charging NBC a fortune, or has been forced to stop showing them on his channels for monetary reasons. Is there a cost element with NBC showing the games?

Well I recall that NBC paid (I think) $250m for the rights, way above the competing bids. So far as I'm aware some/all the channels come as part of my verizon FIOS package, what I am less sure on is can NBC charge a premium for some/all of them, rather like FSC+ (or rugby as it seems to be), dropped that this season when the N Power package was dropped.

Why NBC's Purchase of EPL TV Rights Could Be Bad for US Soccer | Bleacher Report

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think NBC picking up the rights to EPL is good news – it will further increase the influence of soccer in the States, much to the annoyance of traditional American sports lovers. I went off FSC when they dropped the Championship and I cancelled FSC+. I added BeIN Sports as they screened the Palace game live and GOL who screened the Chelsea / Brighton friendly live, which was bizarre as they only show Bundesliga games normally!

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
In refernce to the hairstyle comment: Not intentionally, but I get your point!! It really amazes me how it landed that role. He just never looks at ease in front of the camera, I suppose he's an ex pro so can speak with some authority but he comes across as so much from a different era of tha game. I don't have a problem with American summarisers, we're watching in their country, and theyr appear to be technically more savvy - apart of course from that Scottish geezer who could right an essay on each 'play', without of couse resorting to any images, graphics or the like.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports