Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking Forward To Next Season?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I really don't see how anyone can't be excited for August.

The amount of doom and gloom around here is scary.

The list of players that won't 'make it' currently stands at:-

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Stephens (as usual)
Kayal
Propper (offski)
Gross
AK
Big Jurg (of course)
Ali J (booooo)
Andone
Murray (hopefully!)
The one I've forgotten.
& probably another one.
Plus the manager

I'm not naive enough to think every one of them will step up, a player or two will be found wanting.

But seemingly, according to many on here, nobody is going to 'bloom'.
Although I guess if one or two become value for money players that'll raise a fair few questions that some on here won't want to answer.

I guess some posters on here purposely throw 1 tile away when starting a 10,000 piece jigsaw because they don't want to complete it and want to watch the world burn

Oh, and for some reason Solly isn't good enough either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Except that Hughton outers , here on NSC, consistently said, 'But TB won't fire him'. I'm not going to trawl back trough umpteen threads to prove it, but you can't change history with the benefit of hindsight.

I find it amusing that anyone can read anything into TB’s body language, isn’t that a massive weakness for a poker player? :smile:

I was shocked when the sacking was announced, I agreed with it and was pleased but I really didn’t see it coming.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I find it amusing that anyone can read anything into TB’s body language, isn’t that a massive weakness for a poker player? :smile:

I was shocked when the sacking was announced, I agreed with it and was pleased but I really didn’t see it coming.

He wasn't playing poker at the time, his posture and general demeanour was one of irritation and he stayed in his seat long after his entourage had gone and was looking very reflectively at the pitch.
I was expecting it to happen exactly the way it did, just glad Chris didn't have to walk around the pitch after the game with family and a team facing relegation.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
As things stand I am excited but I’m also aware we are taking a massive gamble in the most unforgiving of leagues.
It’s brave and I love to see us take a brave move.
Excited!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As things stand I am excited but I’m also aware we are taking a massive gamble in the most unforgiving of leagues.
It’s brave and I love to see us take a brave move.
Excited!

Not too much of a gamble. The odds would’ve been massively on CH delivering a bottom 5 finish next season, with the tactics ever more predictable to opposing coaches. Rival clubs investing in PL quality guile and pace.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Always looking forward to a new season. Our latest purchases need to produce and have no excuses. I am not confident of that but hey that is football. We must get in a decent Murray replacement, then I will be happy. Our early results last season flattered us. This coming season I expect the reverse and that we will be trying to catch up the rest. No real telling though and there is all to play for. Let's see what GP can do for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here