Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Looking for help finding the person who made me a fan!

J-sut

Sep 17, 2023
Feel like this is a long shot but anyway, here we go!

I want to try and track down the person who made me an Albion supporter, just to say thanks really - watching this club has made me really happy recently. When I was young I was living in New Zealand, we had family friends who had emigrated from England that we met around 2001-2003 ish. I have a really clear memory of sitting in their computer room and there was gear everywhere; mousepads, scarves, a big signed poster, signed kits.

So I'm relying on the chance that someone who was such a big supporter and who had so much stuff at that point in the club's history probably being a local and leaving a footprint.

Problem is it was a long time ago, and my memory isn't great, so the clues I have aren't especially great and there's not many of them. Here they are:

* He had a partner called Tracy (Tracey?) who he had moved together with from England to New Zealand (to a town called Cambridge on the North Island - Chris Wood went to school near me!), probably sometime around 2000-2002

* They weren't married, but did get married while I was there so I think that was probably around 2003-2005

* I think his name was Dave, but I'm 60% at best on that and might just be remembering it as Dave cause it's a common name

And that's all I can remember, lol. I'm really hoping that someone from those days who seemed a proper fan would be known enough for those details to jog a memory.

Thanks!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If you are still in NZ why not put an advert out in the local rags or via social medi, which is free?

J-sut

Sep 17, 2023
If you are still in NZ why not put an advert out in the local rags or via social medi, which is free?
I'm not in NZ anymore unfortunately! We left around 2006, and my parents lost contact/never kept in touch. No clue if they're still in Cambridge, even!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The only NSC Dave I can remember from 20 years ago would be…

Dave The Eaaaaaggggggllllleee!

😂

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
A year after i moved here we got promoted to the Premier League ( good timing) i was wearing the stripes in the local pak n save and the chap stacking the beer on the shops turned to have a chat about the Albion . Turned out he was a fan .. David Prior. This was on the Kapiti Coast , fair way from Cambridge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I have not emigrated to New Zealand,
My name is not Dave,
I am not married to Tracy,
Rights that's me ticked off the list, who's next?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have not emigrated to New Zealand,
My name is not Dave,
I am not married to Tracy,
Rights that's me ticked off the list, who's next?
I can confirm all those too, with one obvious exception……….……
……. Although I would normally be David rather than Dave, not that I’m unduly bothered.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not in NZ anymore unfortunately! We left around 2006, and my parents lost contact/never kept in touch. No clue if they're still in Cambridge, even!
Might your parents have more certainty on the geezers name though?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Presumably he's still in that most distant outpost of Albion fandom tho eh?
He is, and married his fiancé out there so that would fit, but thinking back to when we all went down to Plymouth to demonstrate, it was closer to 2011.

J-sut

Sep 17, 2023
Might your parents have more certainty on the geezers name though

My Mum can't remember either, just remembers his partners name being Tracy. I've tried my Dad but not heard back yet and not expecting much since his memory is worse than mine!

Also thank you everyone so far for replying/asking/giving it a shot!
A year after i moved here we got promoted to the Premier League ( good timing) i was wearing the stripes in the local pak n save and the chap stacking the beer on the shops turned to have a chat about the Albion . Turned out he was a fan .. David Prior. This was on the Kapiti Coast , fair way from Cambridge.

I've had a look round online as best I can for a David Prior in NZ but not found much convincing unfortunately

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My Mum can't remember either, just remembers his partners name being Tracy. I've tried my Dad but not heard back yet and not expecting much since his memory is worse than mine!

Also thank you everyone so far for replying/asking/giving it a shot!

I've had a look round online as best I can for a David Prior in NZ but not found much convincing unfortunately
So how much is the lawsuit you are suing him for ruining your life equilibrium.

Some of us only support BHA for the existential angst.

All this high flying success is ruining my normal state of disbelief.

J-sut

Sep 17, 2023
Finally heard back from my Dad, we have more details!

* Name was definitely Dave

* He thinks the last name was Chapman

* Definitely emigrated from Brighton

* He was an occupational therapist

I've spent the morning on social media trying to find a Dave/David Chapman in NZ who worked as an occupational therapist and come up with nothing. I am double checking that he's not just gotten confused with Tracy Chapman the singer-songwriter. North Stand Chat you're my only hope :ROFLMAO:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s not that long ago. If it’s a family friend, surely someone in your family knows who they are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here