Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for a good pub Sunday Roast

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love going to the Shepherd & Dog at Fulking. Leave the A23 drive through Poynings to Fulking, and then onto Shoreham.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I love going to the Shepherd & Dog at Fulking. Leave the A23 drive through Poynings to Fulking, and then onto Shoreham.
Great pub. I went to the school with the son of the landlord at the time about 30 years ago. I've taken my wife and family on several occasions since then, and it's lost none of its charm

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's taste that counts better than Wetherspoons

I agree but want to taste some vegetables

Incidentally Wetherspoons do not serve Sunday roast anymore and neither are they going to do traditional Christmas roast due to no demand. Not the best and up market but for choice of meats and veg I would say that Toby Carvery in general take some beating obviously depending on site.

Stumpy Tim

Great pub. I went to the school with the son of the landlord at the time about 30 years ago. I've taken my wife and family on several occasions since then, and it's lost none of its charm

Indeed. We go on occasions too and it's a great feed. The Royal Oak in Poynings is also tremendous.

In Brighton I would suggest The Cow at Seven Dials

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I agree but want to taste some vegetables

Incidentally Wetherspoons do not serve Sunday roast anymore and neither are they going to do traditional Christmas roast due to no demand. Not the best and up market but for choice of meats and veg I would say that Toby Carvery in general take some beating obviously depending on site.
will you try Lockhart's ( Dark Star) in the Broadway opens next Wednesday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
will you try Lockhart's ( Dark Star) in the Broadway opens next Wednesday

I will try it but must say I am not a great lover of Dark Star as I am getting older I prefer less strong and hoppy beers. My favourites are London Pride and Timothy Taylors Landlord I can drink them with no problem of hangover etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here