Look at the table after Christmas

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 29, 2011
Just thinking the OP was over a month ago, since when we've had a tough run of (in particular) away games. Still top, still haven't lost.
Genuinely struggling to see how, with the management and team spirit we have, and the likelihood of additions in January, we will go on any disastrous kind of run. Anything outside top 6 now would be an implosion wouldn't it ?

Yes, missing out on the playoffs from this position would be an implosion. Which is quite exciting really.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Gotta be play-offs minimum surely? With Bobby Zamora and karma/destiny in the mix. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
10 points clear for play offs but we dont want to be looking at that lottery we must be looking at automatic, which is within our grasp with the play offs as a fall back.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If we continue in the same way and the league stays roughly the same then the run in is going to be an interesting few weeks.

Exactly, playing 4 of the current top 6 in the last 8 games, two at home and two away. Unusually, this season we only play 4 games in March and 7 in April. Could be worse in April if we have a cup run!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
This "not played anyone good" is absolute bollocks. As pointed out we're nearly half way through the season and the table of games "against the top third" of the league reads like this....

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/versus-top-third

Oh look we're top and averaging 2.2 points a game. Over .5 ppg better than anyone else and the only team unbeaten (obviously).
I read that and see that the Charlton game isn't quite the dead rubber it appears at first glance. All these years of Albion fandom has ingrained the pessimism into my DNA!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It also shows that it's actually Boro who've hardly played anyone in the top third and who have only beaten one of those teams, Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yeah, but we're lucky we keep playing teams below us.

:thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Does rather expose the lie that we haven't played any one good, also surprisingly shows that Middlesborough and Derby have played even less of the top third than we have!

Some of the other teams have quite challenging matches coming up next weekend, and if BHA can concentrate and produce a performance like Saturday, we may be a few points clear! The problem, as ever, is under-estimating the opposition, so lest hope for an entirely positive attitude from the team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This "not played anyone good" is absolute bollocks. As pointed out we're nearly half way through the season and the table of games "against the top third" of the league reads like this....

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/versus-top-third

Oh look we're top and averaging 2.2 points a game. Over .5 ppg better than anyone else and the only team unbeaten (obviously).

I think Brum had the best away record in the league before sat - they'd only lost one and won a lot. I think some have overlooked just how good a result it was...!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think Brum had the best away record in the league before sat - they'd only lost one and won a lot. I think some have overlooked just how good a result it was...!

Yes they had won five and only lost to Hull. So not just a great performance but an excellent result.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
With six League games in December, a big month.William Hill have Boro at 2/1,Derby 5/2,Hull 7/2 and Brighton 5/1(worth a punt) to win league. So we have the two favourites to play Sat 12th and Sat 19th of Dec. Of course any game is possible three points but taking points off nearest rivals is necessity to maintain League leadership.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

And the performance. That first half we looked like we could cut them apart at will. If we can keep that kind of form and stay as tight as we are at the back, we are going to SMASH someone very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports