Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest run without missing a competitive Albion game, home and away..

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think you mean Graham "doc" Talbert. As well as ground hopping he watches albion cup games only these daysc

I did countless away games between about 1990 and 2000 and have to say from Plymouth to Preston, Southend to Hull, that fella was there.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've just seen the other pictures on the Argus website. It is.

Didn't like the bloke. I clearly remember pushing in at the bar
at Swindon. I remember thinking selfish b********

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Doc does go to the Amex for Cup games and was at the game v QPR as a mutual friend had a spare ticket. He was born in London & QPR was his childhood team.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
That Doc seems a fascinating fella. I only know a little about him from snippets on here and seeing him at games, but I'd love to know more.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...always carrying a carrier bag.

1,025 consecutive away games is some feat.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've no idea how someone manages that. I've been trying to do a perfect seasons attendance for a while now and not managed it. Failed at the first hurdle one season when our train for Hull failed to leave, failed another when my sister in law had a selfishly inconsiderate brain haemorrhage on the day of the Leicester match, etc., etc.. On target this season but who knows?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't understand that article and him . How can something that in your blood and soul just be dropped to follow non league teams . Strange

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In the late eighties early nineties I did 315 consecutive home and away games before breaking the run to attend a friends wedding. I hardly watch football these days as other things have taken over my life now but do enjoy going when I can even if I am a jinx as I seem to see more loses than wins.

I also know Doc Talbot very well and could mention a few stories the man used to get up too but won't on here.

Probably wise.......and we should never speak of that water fight on the way back from Blackburn either. Whoops.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You do wonder what the record is for the longest run without missing a game for any British club. 2000+ is in theory possible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would think Bernie Dawes is in with a shout. I know he's been to over 1,000 matches as that was Middlesbrough away last season, but I'm not sure if they're consecutive.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Don't understand that article and him . How can something that in your blood and soul just be dropped to follow non league teams . Strange

My thoughts exactly. He's perfectly entitled to do as he wishes, but to completely switch off from being an ever present to virtually nothing would take some serious willpower. Or maybe, like many other people, he fell out of love with the 'modern game' and finds non league football more 'genuine'? I have to admit to a couple of seasons where I rarely saw an Albion game. Much of that was due to work commitments, but even some days when I wasn't working on a Saturday, I simply couldn't be bothered any more.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
There is only one person named Gus I associate with the Albion - and he has not missed a competitive game for over a decade I believe.

Yes I used to travel with Gus and I believe his last miss was Hull on New Years Eve 1994 I think.
He got a signed shirt from Martin Perry before the 4-1 win against Wolves at Withdean as that was his 500th consecutive game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here