Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London to Brighton HELP!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
My girlfriend and I are doing the bike ride, but with less than a week to go, we have no means of transport getting up there :facepalm:

Does anyone have, or know of anyone who has two spare spaces?

We are happy to pay for our seats of course.

If you could let me know asap, any help would be massively appreciated.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Why didnt you book a space on one of the dozens of buses going to Clapham ?..its all in the brochures !!

My girlfriend and I are doing the bike ride, but with less than a week to go, we have no means of transport getting up there :facepalm:

Does anyone have, or know of anyone who has two spare spaces?

We are happy to pay for our seats of course.

If you could let me know asap, any help would be massively appreciated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We always used to go up the afternoon before, and stay in the crappiest hotel ever, near the start.
I don't think you'll be able to take bikes on the train on the Sunday, itself.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So you're doing a BIKE ride...would it be facetious to suggest you cycle? :p

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if you can get to heathfield early then i can give you a lift as i am going up with my dear old mum and shes driving my car home, u might have to share a seat with my bike

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Dont think many people are going to be driving UP to London from Brighton....to finish in Brighton ! Phone the BHF NOW..to see if you can get on the transport provided . Its only been up and running since November !!!
Yeah I'm fully aware it's been up and running since November. Stupidly we've left it all to the last minute as we assumed it was possible to take our bikes by train on the day. We've actually been trying to ring the useless gits all day and have left messages, but have had no luck.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
if you can get to heathfield early then i can give you a lift as i am going up with my dear old mum and shes driving my car home, u might have to share a seat with my bike

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we will have 2 bikes with us so not sure if this would work?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we will have 2 bikes with us so not sure if this would work?

i do have a 3 bike rack to stick on the back of the car, let me know if your interested

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said, we used to stay up.
Carry our cycling clothes and wear light linen clothes, and flip flops.
We'd then post our clothes back to ourselves before the off.

One year I couldn't find a post box, and ended up asking a drop-er-off-er-er, to pop the envelopes in the post for us.

Imagine our surprised when we arrived home, Sunday afternoon, to find our clothes.

The random person happened to live 1/2 a mile away.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Managed to find a lift up there in the end, thanks for all of your help though.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here