Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London to Brighton Bike Ride.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Biscuit said:
Miles off yet (ho ho ho), but got a letter from the British Heart Foundation today asking me to pedal for them.

You can go as a team apparently and try and get the most money for charity as humany possible to win a trophy.

Anyone fancy going as a FALMER YES teams and raising a shed load? Good publicity perhaps.

Gawwwn.

I'd be up for it. I like to do Charity work for worthy causes.

Yoda

English & European
wolfie said:
I have done it for the last 2 years (and I'm well over 50)
First time I nearly died of hypothermia after a storm on the Beacon and torrential rain while waiting to speed down Coldean Lane.

That's the year I did it too. I was heading just up to the beacon when it started. :glare:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
caesar salad said:
aka, NSC poster from wayback when all this used to fields; formally known as Bry Nylon.

:clap2: :albion: :dance: :dance:

Is it really you? Prove it! :wave:

Cliquetastic to have you back, if so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it is a good publicity idea - if tens (hundreds?) of people come down Madeira Drive together wearing the stripes it would be fantastic.

Not sure about the sponsorship thing - it is a British Heart Foundation event and they do strongly encourage funds to be raised for them. And Falmer is not a charity, as such, is it?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Bozza said:
I think it is a good publicity idea - if tens (hundreds?) of people come down Madeira Drive together wearing the stripes it would be fantastic.

Not sure about the sponsorship thing - it is a British Heart Foundation event and they do strongly encourage funds to be raised for them. And Falmer is not a charity, as such, is it?

Publicity in some ways is as good as sponsorship so everyone that does it should wear the home colours - it would look great.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Bozza said:

This will take some organisation - usually what happens to teams in the LtoB is they gradually split up due to the differing ability levels.

60 miles with an 800 ft climb at the end is gonna take a not-too-fit person 5 or so hours, whereas the Lance Armstrongs can do it in 2ish.

Perhaps people should be staggered with the slower riders going off first, or everyone sits and waits at Moolescomb for the group to come together - either way it won't be an easy thing to manage.

Actually, thinking as I'm typing, it may be better to have everyone come over in small groups as each time the commentators will say something about it. Just need to make sure they're given the details in advance of why all the Albion supporters are riding - it'll definitely get a mention.

(Jeez - that was a big 2 cents!)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've got my form. Lets do it.

Might the mods consider making this a sticky so we can really get a big commitment ?

( I still wanna go via the pond )

:albion:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
bailey said:

Perhaps people should be staggered with the slower riders going off first, or everyone sits and waits at Moolescomb for the group to come together - either way it won't be an easy thing to manage.

It's MOULSECOOMB!!

And there's no way that I'm hanging around East Moulsecoomb waiting for people - I want to ride in on a whole bike.:lolol:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
But isn't that why people decide to have a piss in the pond competition. Those faster riders can wait for the fatter riders and have a piss then a pint. Then all 50 of you can ride together in harmony along Lewes Road and onto Madeira Drive.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm in please. Done it for the last two years (wearing stripes of course), but would love to be part of a big team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll do it, always wanted to give it a go.

And it sounds a particularly noble cause, not to mention an excuse to get vaguely fit.

Count me in (hey, you guys need a token female presence to make you feel as though you're going faster)

:lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I would love to do. Do you have to be reasonably fit?

Also what happens with toilet stops etc serious question as I always need the loo :D

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
can i just cycle down madeira drive in the stripes without all that bollocks of the long distance cycling before hand?

caesar salad

Jan 26, 2006
Man of Harveys said:
:clap2: :albion: :dance: :dance:

Is it really you? Prove it! :wave:

Cliquetastic to have you back, if so.

Okay: what about your 'speculative half-chance' that missed the goal by about 40yrds (high, not wide) before parting the hair of a small child in a pushchair being taken for a pleasant Thursday evening constitutional thru Regent's Park? Are legal proceedings still pending, or did you settle out of court?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Its very well organised. Several official stops including loos, drinks grub etc.

You do need to be pretty fit. You at least need to have done plenty of reasonable length rides beforehand. Having said that its not a race, but its very tough to keep a team together.

If we are going to enter as an official team we have to send all the applications in together and nominate someone as "in charge" Nightmare. It'll never happen.

Best bet is for us to agree on a start time and try and all go off at the same time.

Another nightmare is getting to the start (if you live by the seaside) since those tossers at BR refused to take bikes. Recommend we sign up for the official coaches - unless someone knows someone who knows someone with a fleet of vans and minibuses..

This is going to be a great laugh :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here