Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London to Brighton Bike Ride.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Miles off yet (ho ho ho), but got a letter from the British Heart Foundation today asking me to pedal for them.

You can go as a team apparently and try and get the most money for charity as humany possible to win a trophy.

Anyone fancy going as a FALMER YES teams and raising a shed load? Good publicity perhaps.

Gawwwn.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well a 'team' can consist of up to fifty people so just put ya names down here if ya interested. May set you back £24 though.

caesar salad

Jan 26, 2006
I'll do it. Did it a few years ago, and apart from the bit through Croydon were you have to dodge burning tyres, dogs on bits of rope and double parked caravans it's a great day out. As you finally get to the top of the South Downs and see Sussex By The Sea laid out before you iin all it's glory it's enough to bring tears to your eyes. Mind you, the tears in my eyes could also have been something to do with the previous 55 miles sat on a bike saddle...
The year I rode I wore the stripes and got a fantastic reception from the bloke on the tannoy and the crowd as I Lance Armstrong-ed it down the finish straight. (Poetic licence) Did I milk it? You bet!!

Kind regards on the occasion of my 1st post,
Caesar Salad.

aka, NSC poster from wayback when all this used to fields; formally known as Bry Nylon.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I have done it for the last 2 years (and I'm well over 50)
First time I nearly died of hypothermia after a storm on the Beacon and torrential rain while waiting to speed down Coldean Lane. Last year, it was so hot that I went straight into the Channel bollock naked off the nud beach to cool down. The ride down the home straight is brilliant though - nearest you can get to a Tour de France finish at my age !!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Sorry - doing the one on the 11 June in Hampshire (Round the Harbour). I don't think either my arse or my legs will have recovered well enough to face the Downs...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Did it last year....would be more than happy to do it again. Although please let it be cooler this time - last year the tarmac was literally melting in places.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is a TOP idea. I've done the ride before and its tough but going as a team would be great.

The tee-shirts should say London to Brighton - via Falmer. The route is down Coldean Lane so a detour for a piss in the pond would be a piece of cake.

The timing's good too, coz the latest enquiry/appeal is in June

Count me in

:drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barry Hazgon said:

The tee-shirts should say London to Brighton - via Falmer. The route is down Coldean Lane so a detour for a piss in the pond would be a piece of cake.

:lolol:

MASS urination. I like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here