Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] London Overground lines renamed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If was scary in the daytime.
I remember it always being empty, feeling isolated and the stations, track and train all run down. It always used to travel at a snails pace as well. I used it s few times and then stopped as I was worried someone could easily mug me and there’d be no witnesses or no one to help.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
….the fact most of the route I took was subterranean in an overgrown cutting didn’t help.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I remember it always being empty, feeling isolated and the stations, track and train all run down. It always used to travel at a snails pace as well. I used it s few times and then stopped as I was worried someone could easily mug me and there’d be no witnesses or no one to help.
I use it quite a lot as my daughter lives in Camden Town. It is usually quite busy these days and the trains are reasonably new. I find it really handy if I need to head east or west from there rather than into the centre.

On the subject of the name changes I live on what will be the Weaver Line. At the moment announcements on the network and news talk of their being delays on 'London Overground' which effectively tells me nothing useful and just provides a sense of unease if I hear it on the tube and can't check my phone. Having named lines makes loads of sense.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Announced on the same day the country officially went into recession I have written to my MP asking how much is this rebranding of all the stations signs visitor literature it’s got to be many millions what a totally pointless excuse don’t forget its us the Tax payers who pay for these fantasy schemes

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Announced on the same day the country officially went into recession I have written to my MP asking how much is this rebranding of all the stations signs visitor literature it’s got to be many millions what a totally pointless excuse don’t forget its us the Tax payers who pay for these fantasy schemes
I would suggest that making a railway network more functional is not pointless. Wait until you find out how much tax people are avoiding.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I would suggest that making a railway network more functional is not pointless. Wait until you find out how much tax people are avoiding.
Genuinely how is renaming tube lines going to make it more functional
Tax avoidance for certain people has become an art form

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Genuinely how is renaming tube lines going to make it more functional
Tax avoidance for certain people has become an art form

Literally the post above you.

I use it quite a lot as my daughter lives in Camden Town. It is usually quite busy these days and the trains are reasonably new. I find it really handy if I need to head east or west from there rather than into the centre.

On the subject of the name changes I live on what will be the Weaver Line. At the moment announcements on the network and news talk of their being delays on 'London Overground' which effectively tells me nothing useful and just provides a sense of unease if I hear it on the tube and can't check my phone. Having named lines makes loads of sense.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was in the manifesto.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I used to get it from Dalston to Camden.

We used to call it the heroin line because of the state of the other passengers.

Sometime I do remember well is nobody paid for it, except me cos I can't stand the hypocrisy of complaining about services and not paying for them.

That said it was well known as a means of travelling across London for free because of the complete absence of working barriers and ticket inspectors.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

FOI request should get you the answers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here