Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Mayor breaks his promise already

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I am always amazed that anyone can find this funny. It just strikes me as the act of a boorish, public school boy dildo who thinks he's a "character". Basically a posh floppy haired "Colin Hunt, Office Joker" with no sporting ability. I cringed at the time it happened and it's even less funny now.
This, the act of bully imo and one who doesn't feel he needs to worry about consequences. Also very dangerous politically, I think, and I hope those who say he doesn't stand a chance of getting into power are correct but I'm not so sure.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
No, I'm trying to be pragmatic and look into the detail as it appears rather than just spewing outrage. If charges are rising for TFL services in any way, there's clearly a problem. The cap increases in particular are a concern, there's no two ways about it. It'd be useful to see a break down for where caps are increasing- is it for rail fares, is it for TFL- one thing you can judge a Mayor of London (regardless of his or her rosette) for, the other you can't.

Remember that there is another layer too, as some rail services are operated on contract to TfL in the same way that Underground lines are. That's London Overground and for stopping services out of Liverpool Street which are going to be taken over by Crossrail ("Elizabeth Line"), TfL Rail. Some of these Tfl services extend beyond Greater London - Watford Junction, Cheshunt, Shenfield. So its not as simple as "is it rail fares or is it TfL fares"? Often its both at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here