Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Marathon 2010

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
My official time is 03:09:10. I managed my target time of the 03:10 good-for-age cut by a whopping 50 seconds. I was well on track with minutes to spare at 22 but then went a bit wobbly and lost loads of time. Probably that wall thing but I do not know what the symptoms are. When I got my senses back I just had to shut my mind off and go hell for leather for the final two minutes to get my time. I was a right physical and mental mess at the end.

But, whilst my mind is recovered I think the pins (and lungs) will take a bit longer.

What a cracking day though. I loved it. It's a well oiled machine with supporters, parties, soundsystems everywhere. I've only done one other marathon (Berlin) but this ranked higher for the actual race and atmosphere. My favorite moment was some priests sloshing out holy water whilst the church bells rang Chariots of Fire.

Right, my celebratory lamb danzak is due to arrive.

Boston next!

Cracking time that:thumbsup:

My girlfriend did it in 4.05, got to admit i was massively proud of her. Absolutely brilliant day out as well, seriously well organised.

Saw someone running in the stripes as well!

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
It was my first marathon and I made it round in 4:45!! Just pleased to have made it really - would have been happy with anything!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well done to everyone yesterday. Glad it wasn't quite as warm as the forecast said it could be.

I saw just the one Albion shirt. Did give him a massive "Seagulls", which he gave a thumbs up to, so hoped that helped.

Had a great day supporting ,even getting a sweaty hug of one female supporter, after she had a lump of my cake.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great running guys, I managed a 4.47 to go with a 4.29 last week, I think I'll be close to 6 hours at Three Forts next week!

Good luck Bob, hope it goes well. I was supposed to be doing the Gillingham marathon tomorrow but gary lineker toe injury has struck.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Cheers LB, I think I may be in for a soaking as well !

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Got wet!!!

5.28, considering that it's a mile longer than Steyning Stinger and I did Steyning in 5.30 I'm quite pleased with that!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Got wet!!!

5.28, considering that it's a mile longer than Steyning Stinger and I did Steyning in 5.30 I'm quite pleased with that!

Well done, hope you are resting up easy today???

:clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here