Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London City Airport Runway Shut By Black Lives Matter....

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
They're quite welcome to try this in Louisiana or Mississippi or Alabama or Georgia...Shall we have a whip round to buy them a one way ticket to Atlanta?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I see this as a much wider problem - Is raicsm a roblem? Yes, of course it bloody is. But this is going to do nothing to help the campaign other than some internal back slapping. The backlash will cause even more 'us and them'.

The problem I see is that with the political uncertainty, the Brexit, the fall of the pound, unemployment etc. people go to these groups as some form of comfort and getting back at 'the man'. I think that we are going to see more and larger protests not just for BLM but for a number of things. I wouldn't be surprised to see riots again.
No its not, its an industry that provides a living for a lot of people.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well I think this whole situation has taught me to not type quickly and hit post just because the boss is on his way back!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The spokesman - woman - person just opened her interview on TV by saying "The climate crisis is a racist crisis"

I've heard it all now :facepalm:

I was trying to work out what that banner said that appeared to read "LLIMAIE RALISI CRISIS IS A CRISIS" so thanks. Although my version makes about as much sense.

Jul 7, 2003
If this had been Heathrow and not City, armed police and anti-terrorism resources would have been scrambled immediately and this would have been over in 5 minutes.

As an occasional user of London City (and not with a salary anywhere near those quoted!) the lack of security there is a concern.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It would seem the co founder of BLMUK is from Brighton (Standard) and couldn't make the protest as she was attending a feminist conference in Brazil, the cost of which has been alleged to be public funded!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It would seem the co founder of BLMUK is from Brighton (Standard) and couldn't make the protest as she was attending a feminist conference in Brazil, the cost of which has been alleged to be public funded!!

presumably traveling there and back by sailboat, not polluting aircraft?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here