Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London <=> Brighton train problems

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was expecting such posts on this topic saying its the TOCs fault - maybe go and visit the victims family and moan at them that they delayed people.

Also, a baby girl was born on a Southeastern London - Maidstone train last week, would you have gone and moaned at those people too for causing a delay ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On reflection my comments are in bad taste so please accept this post as a sincere apology.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Was expecting such posts on this topic saying its the TOCs fault - maybe go and visit the victims family and moan at them that they delayed people.

Also, a baby girl was born on a Southeastern London - Maidstone train last week, would you have gone and moaned at those people too for causing a delay ?

I gather the baby was delivered very quickly, 30 mins or so - not much of a delay. I hope all was well.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
These incidents do seem to occur around Horley more than anywhere else is it a known suicide spot or just a very unfortunate coincidence, genuine question?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
These incidents do seem to occur around Horley more than anywhere else is it a known suicide spot or just a very unfortunate coincidence, genuine question?

Its because the fast line platforms arent fenced off, used to happen a lot more in South London at stations like Streatham and Thornton Heath but since the fast lines were fenced off, there hasnt been many. However that cant really happen at Gatwick, Horley or Three Bridges.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was on the 1802 from Vic which got to Btn at 1950, 40 mins late. No buses running in Brighton at all, and no sign of a taxi so had to walk back to Freshfield Road wearing nice and slippery leather soled office shoes :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was on the 1802 from Vic which got to Btn at 1950, 40 mins late. No buses running in Brighton at all, and no sign of a taxi so had to walk back to Freshfield Road wearing nice and slippery leather soled office shoes :lolol:

Thanks, executive decision taken already will WFH tomorrow like I did today.

Not wasting 6 hours plus just travelling.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012

was on the same train, got into H/H at 19:26 only to find the entire town in gridlock!
nice 3 and half mile walk home! clearly no gritters had been out!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thanks, executive decision taken already will WFH tomorrow like I did today.

Not wasting 6 hours plus just travelling.

Already emailed my boss to tell him same - no way am I even attempting to go tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Already emailed my boss to tell him same - no way am I even attempting to go tomorrow.

Don't blame you one bit, pointless waiting ages on trains going nowhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here