Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] London Bridge Incident

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
According to reports some of the people who wrestled him to the ground were ex-prisoners themselves who also attended the event.

Even the ones who died from the stabbings?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What's that got to do with losing our identity
Regards
DF

I've not lost my identity. But anyway, you're trolling again and as has been pointed out, not really the thread for binfestery so I'll duck out.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course you haven't but the demographics of London would suggest otherwise
Regards
DF

Hmm. Nevertheless, I note with interest that you are more concerned with a Polish man that risked his life to stop a terrorist than the British born and bred terrorist.
I’m not sure I’ve ever encountered anyone quite as strange as you before.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Hmm. Nevertheless, I note with interest that you are more concerned with a Polish man that risked his life to stop a terrorist than the British born and bred terrorist.

Yes, we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that this and most terrorist attacks in Europe in recent years have absolutely nothing to do with race or nationality.

They were caused by Islam.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It didn’t take long, the victims not long dead, for this thread to deteriorate into the usual.

It is hard for this to not happen when you have the tory spokesman (didn't catch his name) on R5 this morning putting forward the following arguments

1. Boris is really angry the killer was released and wants the law changed.
2. We haven't been able to change laws becuase parliament has been blocked by Brexit.
3. This is the fault of remainers.
4. Separately, er, oh, yes the law was changed some years ago to stop terrorists being released automatically once half their sentence was served.
5. But....hang on, but this bloke was banged up during the last labour government, before the laws changed, so the current laws don't' apply to him.
6. So the courts were forced to release the killer because of laws the last labour government introduced.

Pinaar asked the tory why Boris was now suddenly angry about early release of terrorists and wants to change the law. He didn't get much of a answer other than the incident would not have happened were it not for a law introduced by labour (is this even true?) and the fact the tories' hands have been tied - for the last ten years - by Brexit.

And people wonder why this thread has become political?

I am not sure I have heard such a disgusting bit of electioneering on the back of two dead and three injured.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that this and most terrorist attacks in Europe in recent years have absolutely nothing to do with race or nationality.

They were caused by Islam.

I would say they were caused by nasty ******** who have latched onto Islam because they have a void in their life and they need an excuse for their evil actions.

But I don’t know much about the ideals of Muslims because I don’t know many and I don’t really talk about religion with the few that I do know. We have much more interesting and fun things to talk about, just as I do with my friends and family from all religious backgrounds.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find the kind of rhetoric Ppf uses quite disturbing. “Changing identity”, “changing demographic” etc. It’s almost considered laughable to compare these notions to those of the rise of the Third Reich. But if one considers the idea that history doesn’t actually repeat itself but rather it evolves then you can see why people never see this sort of thing coming.
And on that note, I’m off to bed. Night shifts. Night night all.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I find the kind of rhetoric Ppf uses quite disturbing. “Changing identity”, “changing demographic” etc. It’s almost considered laughable to compare these notions to those of the rise of the Third Reich. But if one considers the idea that history doesn’t actually repeat itself but rather it evolves then you can see why people never see this sort of thing coming.
And on that note, I’m off to bed. Night shifts. Night night all.

He’s like a modern day Alf Garnett

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So soon after the terrible incident and Johnson is on TV blaming Labour for it as part of campaign even though nothing was mentioned beforehand and it's not in the manifesto.
Words are not enough to describe this man.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So soon after the terrible incident and Johnson is on TV blaming Labour for it as part of campaign even though nothing was mentioned beforehand and it's not in the manifesto.
Words are not enough to describe this man.
He's still going to win though because the general public are generally morons

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is hard for this to not happen when you have the tory spokesman (didn't catch his name) on R5 this morning putting forward the following arguments

2. We haven't been able to change laws becuase parliament has been blocked by Brexit.
4. Separately, er, oh, yes the law was changed some years ago to stop terrorists being released automatically once half their sentence was served.
5. But....hang on, but this bloke was banged up during the last labour government, before the laws changed, so the current laws don't' apply to him.
6. So the courts were forced to release the killer because of laws the last labour government introduced.

Pinaar asked the tory why Boris was now suddenly angry about early release of terrorists and wants to change the law. He didn't get much of a answer other than the incident would not have happened were it not for a law introduced by labour (is this even true?) and the fact the tories' hands have been tied - for the last ten years - by Brexit.

I am not sure I have heard such a disgusting bit of electioneering on the back of two dead and three injured.

The terrorist was jailed in 2012 for 16 years, released after only 6 years served. Labour haven't been in power since 2010.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The terrorist was jailed in 2012 for 16 years, released after only 6 years served.

And this for a bloke found guilty of trying to blow up the London Stock Exchange? Easy to apply hindsight, but beggars belief that the system in place could have been so naive and gullible. Innocent people have died as a direct result.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Boris nicks his info from Twitter.

[tweet]1201076439250087936[/tweet]

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
And this for a bloke found guilty of trying to blow up the London Stock Exchange? Easy to apply hindsight, but beggars belief that the system in place could have been so naive and gullible. Innocent people have died as a direct result.

Won't be long before we get the obligatory PR press statement where the expression "lessons have been learnt" is said in an annoyingly immature way.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The terrorist was jailed in 2012 for 16 years, released after only 6 years served. Labour haven't been in power since 2010.

The Labour law on early release did not fall off the statute book once they lost the 2010 election. Perhaps there were other priorities for the coalition in those two years after the election. Surely the point here is that no-one should be attempting to make political capital out of this incident but it is difficult to put the genie back in the bottle once Yvette Cooper fails to resist the temptation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here