Bergkamp
Hoskins
Mackail-Smith
Agdestein

22/24 Who've I missed?

Smith and Poke I think

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the Argus today Tanno is considered a player now having done pre-season and will be competition for Calde & Paints.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not too convinced by that tbh. He did well when he filled in last season but surely the Championship is pushing it a bit?

Gus quote 'He's feeling great which means we have got a problem because he is a top class player. He is a Premiership player all day long. The competition then is going to become a little bit more complicated for the full backs, which is good for the team'

I get the impression he is still going to be a bench player but good cover for the full backs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gus quote 'He's feeling great which means we have got a problem because he is a top class player. He is a Premiership player all day long. The competition then is going to become a little bit more complicated for the full backs, which is good for the team'

I get the impression he is still going to be a bench player but good cover for the full backs.

Well I guess seeing as Gus is the manager his opinion is going to be better placed than mine. Fair play to Tanno it has to be said

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not suitable to me means we already have similar skills and players in the squad. I honestly think we are just a couple of defenders and an attacking CM away now from being the ideal starting set of players. I think more strikers will actually be detrimental to the very strong 4 we already have.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not suitable to me means we already have similar skills and players in the squad. I honestly think we are just a couple of defenders and an attacking CM away now from being the ideal starting set of players. I think more strikers will actually be detrimental to the very strong 4 we already have.

Very much agree. Barnes, CMS and Hopkins will surely be good enough as our 3 main strikers, possibly in rotation depending on form, with Toby and Bergkamp as cover/extra competition.

Attacking CM would be good, I'd see Sparrow and Dicker as great squad players at this level but I feel we may need someone a little better in our starting line-up.

As for defenders, we only need one CB - and maybe only as cover if Dunk can fit in well with GG, it depends on how well El-Abd and Elphick do when they come back I suppose.

Then one more full-back cover? Or will Tanno and the Chelsea lad in the DS be enough?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Apparently Vincelot can also play at full back.

Ah yes, forgot about him. I'm not entirely sure where Gus is planning on playing him, whether he'll be an extra CM - possibly more of an attacking style as proved by his goals last season - or whether he's more for full back cover.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
not suitable means that Gus only wants 1 Frenchman in the squad. Vincelot fills that 'quota'. We need someone from Portugal now.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Right, let's name the squad:

Ankergren
Brezovan

Greer
Painter
Vincelot
Dunk
Calderon
Hall
Cook

Dicker
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Navarro
Kasim

Buckley
Noone
LuaLua

Barnes
Bergkamp
Hoskins
Mackail-Smith
Agdestein

22/24 Who've I missed?

El-Abd?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I presumed thats why he came to us, as full back cover? Thought he played most of the season at right back?

He played centre midfield for Daggers. Poyet has mooted that there may only be 5 on the bench instead of 7 (not sure if the changes are to implented yet), so he was signed up as versatile cover.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Vincelot can play right back or centre back or defensive midfield - most of his goals were headers and I think mostly from set pieces. Not sure about his lack of height as he clearly has spring heels :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here