Votes: 28 11.4%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I don't seem to be able to stay logged in on any device, no matter how many times I hit 'save' - home Mac, work Mac or android. And my username is really annoying to type.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry if dumb question, I'm always surprised by the apparently high number of users currently logged on to NSC - yes I know its the greatest footie chat site on the planet but ....
In your example, you are one user account but with e.g. 3 separate connections.
So, is this being reported as 1 user or 3?

NSC currently showing 1378 viewing the Big Board - appreciate some of these will be guests, but that seems a very high number for a Sunday evening

That's individual connections that have done something on the site within the last 15 minutes. If you were connected and logged in on different devices, it would only count as one. If you were logged out and connected on different devices, it would count multiple times as the software would have no way of knowing you were the same person.

Right now we're at: There are currently 2198 users online. 364 members and 1834 guests

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before I unleash hell on earth upon some NSCers*, I'm curious as how people use NSC.

I am logged in all the time for example. On my laptop, on my iPhone and on my rarely used iPad - I'm perma-logged in. I never have to fill in my username and ridiculously long password (designed to stop people hacking my account and posting rude things) to access NSC - just open up a browser and I'm in.

However, at any given time NSC has approximately 1/3 of users logged in and 2/3 not logged in. What I don't know is how many of those 'guests' are registered users of NSC, but just happen to be not logged in.

So, are you always logged in, or do you only log in when you have something to contribute?

(* - different adverts for those not logged in)

Mostly use tapatalk on ipad and phone, so logged in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't seem to be able to stay logged in on any device, no matter how many times I hit 'save' - home Mac, work Mac or android. And my username is really annoying to type.

I'm on a Mac running El Capitan (10.11) and Safari 9.0 and I remain logged in unless I explicitly click 'Log Out' at the top.

Do you click the 'remember me' check box when you login?

Have you tried clearing all NSC cookies and temporary files and logging in again?

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I'm on a Mac running El Capitan (10.11) and Safari 9.0 and I remain logged in unless I explicitly click 'Log Out' at the top.

Do you click the 'remember me' check box when you login?

Have you tried clearing all NSC cookies and temporary files and logging in again?

Oddly enough I came back to this today and I'm still logged in, so perhaps I'm just being an idiot. Yes to all your questions though - I clear everything fairly regularly. Actually maybe that's the problem...

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Only log in when want to contribute.. I am out on the road a lot, so reading through threads I often find that similar points, better points have been made, and therefore nothing sensible/additional worth contributing.. doesn't stop everyone mind you..!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here