Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Make sure it's a watered down pint though !

You say that but this a personal opinion with no factual evidence but I believe that will become more prominent as publicans with a lease struggle to pay increased rent, business rates/tax and higher wholesale prices for their beer and to stay in business. Watered down beer is difficult to determine as opposed to watered down spirits which most stocktakers have the ability to test . With experience I believe that I can tell by looking at it if the beer has had water added but I wouldnt think many normal customers could.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought that employees in the public sector were very poorly paid also you dont know me so any old fart could say they was me and you would be no wiser.:smile:

I'm not one to moan about what I get paid, it's my choice to do what I do, and I could always quit if I didn't like it. I'm sure I can stretch to a pint, even at Mid Sussex prices.

I suspect the chances of somebody who's not you coming up to me in a Haywards Heath pub and saying "I'm BensGrandad, a pint of Old Mingetickler please" are fairly slim, to be honest...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not one to moan about what I get paid, it's my choice to do what I do, and I could always quit if I didn't like it. I'm sure I can stretch to a pint, even at Mid Sussex prices.

I suspect the chances of somebody who's not you coming up to me in a Haywards Heath pub and saying "I'm BensGrandad, a pint of Old Mingetickler please" are fairly slim, to be honest...

Not withstanding I dont know who you are or what you look like from Adam, other than of course posts on here. Thats probably a blessing for you.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
You say that but this a personal opinion with no factual evidence but I believe that will become more prominent as publicans with a lease struggle to pay increased rent, business rates/tax and higher wholesale prices for their beer and to stay in business. Watered down beer is difficult to determine as opposed to watered down spirits which most stocktakers have the ability to test . With experience I believe that I can tell by looking at it if the beer has had water added but I wouldnt think many normal customers could.

Trading standards routinely use a hydrometer to test the final gravity of beer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trading standards routinely use a hydrometer to test the final gravity of beer.

As do stocktakers for the spirits and they visit pubs a lot more often than Trading Standards/ Weights and Measures as they were called. I would think that since 1968 I had about 3 visits before retiring in 2001. Perhaps they are more prominent now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
And all the time the sixty thousand post gets nearer :yawn:

Can anyone remember last year when it was ONLY coming up to fifty thousand.

Can anyone remember any post that was remotely interesting :moo:

Serious question btw:shrug:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As do stocktakers for the spirits and they visit pubs a lot more often than Trading Standards/ Weights and Measures as they were called. I would think that since 1968 I had about 3 visits before retiring in 2001. Perhaps they are more prominent now.

They are. Probably because of all the old school publicans fleecing Joe public.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are. Probably because of all the old school publicans fleecing Joe public.

Watering down beer isnt new by any stretch of the imagination and as I said with costs rising it can only get worse. On reflection I am glad I had a pub when I did rather than now as I wouldn't want one now as a gift.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love being surrounded by pubs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought that employees in the public sector were very poorly paid also you dont know me so any old fart could say they was me and you would be no wiser.:smile:

You do have a very distinguishing mark, which caused me to recognise you straightaway, when you spoke to me at the bus stop. I knew it was you, even though I've never met you before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here