Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Lock ins

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Nobody is " being judge and jury " but just trying to bang some sense into people. Nobody said social distancing was going to be easy but it is essential.

Oh well its 8.20 pm here in Perth and as our pubs are still open for now,I'm off for a pint or two.Cheers.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Last one I went to was early 2000s, the Friday night before an Albion away game at Bury, in a village on the edge of the Pennines. Apparently it was well known and normal practice for all the pubs in the village. Around 11pm, the landlady drew the curtains, locked the door and off we went. The place was still quite full when we left around 12.30. I was a stranger, but the landlady didn't seem concerned. My friend from Bury who I was staying with, said the local police had bigger issues to deal with in the nearby urban areas on a Friday night than worry about a lock in out of town.

But yeah, lock ins in the current crisis. No, not acceptable.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Just seen posts of Facebook of people proudly having a last “hurrah” in the pub. Most looked over sixty without a braincell between them. At least one works in a hospital. What more can you say other than f........ idiots.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The Cricketers in Broadwater are selling off their beer cheap before they have to throw it down the drain. Just need to take a container to put it in. I do believe it’s £2 a pint.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh well its 8.20 pm here in Perth and as our pubs are still open for now,I'm off for a pint or two.Cheers.

On your own personal downside, when this all blows over, you're STILL quarantined in furkin PERTH

images.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
On your own personal downside, when this all blows over, you're STILL quarantined in furkin PERTH

View attachment 121319

Except when I'm on Shoreham Beach.Only stayed at the pub for just over the hour as it was a bit to busy for me,full of young people dancing to the live band.That can't be right its only us older folk who are not taking this Chinese flu seriously.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I am attending this evening do at local where all barrels will be drunk at half price and we will be only allowed in the Garden.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My father is 76, he goes to the pub every dat for a couple of pints and to meet his cronies. It is the focus of his life. He is relatively fit and healthy and so would prefer to take his chance with the Corvids than give this up. He would genuinely prefer to die than to spend three to six months locked up in his house.

He won’t like ARDS. Believe me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Didn’t mean it to come across as such, but the point is that so many people still seem to be misunderstanding the point of social distancing. It’s not for your own protection - it’s for everyone’s.

Surely, when all this is said and done, we’d all want to be able to look back and say we did everything we could to keep the death toll as low as realistically possible, no?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why not get some tins or small bottles from the supermarket and meet his cronies in the local park? That way, they can still have drink and a chinwag but out in the fresh air which will be a bit safer?

This....not sure why it’s so difficult to understand. We’ve just had a ‘social gathering’ of six of us (3 couples). Went for a long walk on the Downs (keeping the requisite distance) then had a coffee (we each brought our own) in the car park. Previously this would have been a pub lunch or all gather at one of our houses.

As an aside, the whole ****ing world seems to have descended on the South Downs today. The J&J car park at Clayton was full before 10am, by 2pm cars were parked all the way down the lane (including of course in all the passing spots, so getting out was a nightmare). If you’re planning on a visit tomorrow, get there early. Imagine the seafront was similar ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I really hope they come down hard on those who open.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the quite crap pub at seven dials, the one that quite frequently changes hands....can't remember the name...just south of seven dials

anyway, went to a few lock ins there around 2011/2012

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
the quite crap pub at seven dials, the one that quite frequently changes hands....can't remember the name...just south of seven dials

anyway, went to a few lock ins there around 2011/2012

Would it have been The Couch at that time? As you say, changed hands a lot. Think it was The Rabbit at one point and before that a hang out for people gambling away their earning across the road in the bookies. Used to see many a down at heel coming out of there counting their meagre change.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Would it have been The Couch at that time? As you say, changed hands a lot. Think it was The Rabbit at one point and before that a hang out for people gambling away their earning across the road in the bookies. Used to see many a down at heel coming out of there counting their meagre change.

yes possibly. It's just always been a bit shit, regardless of how many times they tart it up/'rebrand' it. Strange as it's in a decent location

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here