Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Local Football - Forthcoming Matches

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
what's the situation with Dean Hammond at Worthing? He signed towards the end of last season but the season was cancelled before he had a chance to play. Is he signed on for this season?

I happened to listen to the "Football, the Albion and Me" extra podcast a couple of days ago (speaking to Dean Hammond about Lallana's signing by Albion). Hammond had appeared on a full-length episode a few weeks before.

Hammond said that his involvement was as much geared around being a presence in the changing room and that there was no guarantee he was actually going to play, anyway. He mentioned that he had been talking with Adam Hinshelwood, but it was uncertain whether he would re-join for the coming season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Steyning is a superb club, both my kids played U18s there and elder in the Seniors

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I played for SS as a kid, always had a soft spot for it . . . Always been dissapointed how poor Shoreham FC is by comparisson to its neighbours. SOmewhat compounded by how the youth team has been run/managed and Zef jr has subsequently walked away from it all.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I played for Steyning 40 years ago I think we were in County 2. Had a very good centre back Manville who was a club legend

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Upper Beeding took the trophy. The wind was a major factor. A late 30 yard equaliser from Beeding took the game to penalties which Beeding won in the shoot out. One proper skier from Steyning. Good to be back watching live football - close to 100 there. All socially distanced on a windy night. First league match Tuesday 8th with a visit from The Tigers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was great to be back watching football live. Shame the Barrowmen ****ed it up royally by letting in a last minute equaliser, and then coming over all Southgate in the penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here