Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Local cricketers. Would YOU like to play here...?

dannyboyhigham

May 2, 2015
View attachment 65028

View attachment 65029

My cricket club, Parham Park CC, a couple of miles from Storrington, is looking a bit short of numbers for the coming season, and are actively seeking some new blood. We only play on Sundays and almost always at home, as that's where the opposition normally want it. It really is a spectacularly lovely place. Certainly we are at home every Sunday in May, from the 10th.

Any cricketers out there fancy it? Don't need to be local to the area. It's only a 25 minute drive from Hove. Nor do you need to be available every week - personally I play 5 or 6 games a season.

PM me if you're interested. Cheers
My email is danny.higham@ymail.com I'm interested in playing..good slips fielder..

dannyboyhigham

May 2, 2015
View attachment 65028

View attachment 65029

My cricket club, Parham Park CC, a couple of miles from Storrington, is looking a bit short of numbers for the coming season, and are actively seeking some new blood. We only play on Sundays and almost always at home, as that's where the opposition normally want it. It really is a spectacularly lovely place. Certainly we are at home every Sunday in May, from the 10th.

Any cricketers out there fancy it? Don't need to be local to the area. It's only a 25 minute drive from Hove. Nor do you need to be available every week - personally I play 5 or 6 games a season.

PM me if you're interested. Cheers
My email is danny.higham@ymail.com I'm interested in playing..good slips fielder..
You get the chance to join a long list of star names, over the years, including Joe Mangel off Neighbours, former Albion midfielder Paul Reid, and um, me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My average for last season is 50 for the bat and 22 with the ball.

That ranks me up there with Kallis and Botham, I reckon.

One match and only two overs bowled :blush:

I hold a number of dubious records for my club.

Most consecutive run out dismissals (5 in a row).

A whole season without scoring a run....

On the brighter side, I was believed to be the first player to bag 50 wickets in a Sunday season in living memory. So it's not all calamitous.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Have you got a 2nd or 3rds team? The wrong side of 40 makes me very humble......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love to play genuinely interested.

I'll be in touch by email very soon Danny, cheers. There's an unwritten rule in village cricket however, that the slip cordon is reserved for the fielders incapable of RUNNING.

Have you got a 2nd or 3rds team? The wrong side of 40 makes me very humble......

Being the wrong side of 40 makes you average! This is village cricket. The team's ages range from 14 to 67.

dannyboyhigham

May 2, 2015
I'll be in touch by email very soon Danny, cheers. There's an unwritten rule in village cricket however, that the slip cordon is reserved for the fielders incapable of RUNNING.

Being the wrong side of 40 makes you average! This is village cricket. The team's ages range from 14 to 67.
Exactly... I'm 5"4... Low centre of gravity..good reflexes and can catch instinctively, and I'm 43 I have colitis so running to much is not right for me.. But that does not hinder how I play/field.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wasn't a bad leg spinner in my youth, though it's probably a bit far for me to travel.

Shame, always enjoyed a game of cricket

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another try at this. Anyone interested in a game this Sunday (or another time)?

Come on. You know you want to...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When the inevitable happens and Carrot Cruncher gets a ball in the face whilst fielding at silly mid-off, will you be posting pics on here?

It does have a touch of 'what could possibly go wrong?' about it, I grant you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A :bounce: just to say thank you, and remind everyone that NSC is a force for good.

At the start of the season when I created this thread, the club was really struggling for numbers, and looked like the season was going to be a write-off. We did call one early game off I think.

Now two months on, and thanks in no small part to the good folk of NSC, we've played 8 games.
Some have played one game, some a couple, one or two are now regulars. As with the rest of our team, the ability levels and age ranges cover a wide spread - just as it should be.

Many, many thanks, to [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] [MENTION=33008]dannyboyhigham[/MENTION] (and his brother-in-law) [MENTION=21877]Chinman3000[/MENTION] (and his brother) and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] (and his very talented son).

Not that its the important thing at all, but we've even WON 6 of those 8 games. Remarkable.

thanks all :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here