Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't/won't ever vote for Momentum, the Tories repulse me, the Lib Dems are at least remainers nationally but locally...do they even exist?? and the last time the Greens took over the city...............I really hate not voting but really what a ****ing choice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm disappointed that in my Horsham ward the choice was 2 Tory, 1 UKIP, 1 Labour and 1 Lib Dem and up to 3 choices per ballot. No Green option.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The turnout will be interesting, I am going for the lowest ever.
First time in my life I have not voted.

When I voted about 11am the candidates outside the polling station said it had been quite busy, not sure if that will be reflected nationally. All this talk of a swing to UKIP may not necessarily be true as in Worthing quite a few wards do not have a UKIP candidate, in fact, the Greens are up there with the big parties in contesting almost every seat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Best thing about today.
image.jpeg

#dogsatpollingstations on Twitter :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I can't/won't ever vote for Momentum, the Tories repulse me, the Lib Dems are at least remainers nationally but locally...do they even exist?? and the last time the Greens took over the city...............I really hate not voting but really what a ****ing choice.

The turnout will be interesting, I am going for the lowest ever.
First time in my life I have not voted.

Should have gone to the polling station and spoiled your ballot paper, as it would have been interesting to see how a victory for spoilt ballot papers would have been reported

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
With a reduced UKIP presence and no Brexit party candidates, the Tories might escape with big losses instead of annihilation. Also, talk of a sub 30% turnout.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
With a reduced UKIP presence and no Brexit party candidates, the Tories might escape with big losses instead of annihilation. Also, talk of a sub 30% turnout.
The turnout was very low in my area. Spoke to the nice lady at the entrance to the scout hut and she said that over the day, and it was 4 by the time I voted, there had only been twenty people per hour visiting.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The turnout was very low in my area. Spoke to the nice lady at the entrance to the scout hut and she said that over the day, and it was 4 by the time I voted, there had only been twenty people per hour visiting.

I expect lots of Tory voters disillusioned with the Government are unlikely to switch to Lab/ Lib Dems so won't bother voting.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Should have gone to the polling station and spoiled your ballot paper, as it would have been interesting to see how a victory for spoilt ballot papers would have been reported

I miss Polling days and spoilt papers can be so amusing at the Count.

However I have seen papers marked in such a way they have been counted when the obvious intention was to spoil them!!

So if you want to spoil your ballot paper, make sure you spoil it properly. They can make very interesting reading!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I remember opening a ballot box one year where the total papers amounted to................24

The Presiding Officer had a very quiet day. He reads NSC and very occasionally posts!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We haven't got them up here, except for Boris Johnson of course who posted on his Twitter feed he had just voted.

[tweet]1124047130702827523[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Results coverage just started on BBC1.

Resolved to go to bed at a reasonable time but bet I will still be up at some ridiculous hour, waiting for the next declaration and then the next and then the next... :(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Results coverage just started on BBC1.

Resolved to go to bed at a reasonable time but bet I will still be up at some ridiculous hour, waiting for the next declaration and then the next and then the next... :(

It does remind of the Football League highlights on Quest. They've just gone to Swindon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Early days but encouraging signs for Lib Dems and Greens.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Climb every mountain
Ford every stream,
Follow every by-way,
Till you find your dream

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bernard Jenkin sticking in the knife into Theresa May. Labour already lost 19 councillors, Tories down 2. Will either get back into positive figures again tonight?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bernard Jenkin sticking in the knife into Theresa May. Labour already lost 19 councillors, Tories down 2. Will either get back into positive figures again tonight?

Bloke is such a ****. Cleverly just as bad.
Called Corbyn, Blair thinking he's funny.
Poor old Barry Gardiner looks out of his depth trying to argue for the cluster**** that is the Lab policy on Brexit.

Happy to see the proper left parties doing well so far.

Hope the big two get a kicking tonight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour having a bad night, vote down, losing seats, not winning marginals, just lost Hartlepool and the Wirral to No Overall Control.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here