Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am ****ing WELL up for Big Jurg to come back in and do the business

but then I did try to get a tattoo of Ali J on my dick before the spoilsport tattoo artist pointed out that I really needed to go to sleep for a bit.

I also went in a Barber (OUT) asking for a haircut like Davy P and they told me to come back in at least 3 months,

Heroes of Dutch football.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am ****ing WELL up for Big Jurg to come back in and do the business

but then I did try to get a tattoo of Ali J on my dick before the spoilsport tattoo artist pointed out that I really needed to go to sleep for a bit.

I also went in a Barber (OUT) asking for a haircut like Davy P and they told me to come back in at least 3 months,

Heroes of Dutch football.

That yarn would have been so much better if the tattoo artist had suggested you get "Tau" instead.

Lol.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’ll only mark it if he scores - ie I hope you’re fecking correct here! Last away at Burnley we seemed to be second best for the second half and patches of the game - I hope Potter has learnt from this. Also needs to ditch the tracksuit he wore v Getafe…

Good grief, you’re spot on of course the tracksuit days coincided with his worst run as our manager… what was he thinking? Here’s hoping for the jacket, scarf (even if it’s 25 degrees) and pseudo intellectual staring into the distance that smote Peps ruin ‘upon the Amex pitch-side.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good grief, you’re spot on of course the tracksuit days coincided with his worst run as our manager… what was he thinking? Here’s hoping for the jacket, scarf (even if it’s 25 degrees) and pseudo intellectual staring into the distance that smote Peps ruin ‘upon the Amex pitch-side.

As he said when he changed:

“I thought I’d change from my bad tracksuit to my own bad clothes!

“The boys could see me on the side, they look at me in my shocking gear and my terrible haircut and my horrible face and think, ‘well, it’s not too bad out there!’

“I fancied a change, 2021. I am going to be myself, wear my own clothes, I am fine with that.”

Bit fun and probably more popular than saying "our deal with Nike requires me to wear this shit for x number of games", which I guess may be the case.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Still can’t believe Potter upset anyone - however Pep showed what a petulant bad loser he is that night - toys everywhere and hugely hypocritical!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
[tweet]1429697369386401794[/tweet]

I sometimes wonder how players contract termination works in practice.

In my mind we'll have said something to him like "You have a choice, you can accept 1 year of the 2 years salary we owe you, or you can carry on being a Brighton player and you'll have to turn up and train, however you're not currently in the managers first team plans. If you don't attend or don't try, we'll take disciplinary action, which may result in the loss of wages or ultimately dismissal".

Is it something like that?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's worth remembering before the club DJ arrived GM wasn't hitting many in. Once Locadia arrived there was no looking back, IF he did give GM a rocket by his acquisition his fee would have been worth it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[tweet]1429697369386401794[/tweet]

I ould be disappointed if Khadra, Molumby and Walton were the only ones we're looking to loan out. I'd hope for at least two more from among some of our excellent yougsters going out for a season long adventure.

Oh, and since this is supposed to be a Locadia thread, once again I open it only to be disappointed that he hasn't gone yet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's worth remembering before the club DJ arrived GM wasn't hitting many in. Once Locadia arrived there was no looking back, IF he did give GM a rocket by his acquisition his fee would have been worth it.

Could be the opposite to a rocket. GM could have been putting himself under immense pressure by thinking ‘if I don’t score the goals, we’ve got no one else to finish’?

We then sign Locadia and he thinks……..actually, I’ll leave that analogy there.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I sometimes wonder how players contract termination works in practice.

In my mind we'll have said something to him like "You have a choice, you can accept 1 year of the 2 years salary we owe you, or you can carry on being a Brighton player and you'll have to turn up and train, however you're not currently in the managers first team plans. If you don't attend or don't try, we'll take disciplinary action, which may result in the loss of wages or ultimately dismissal".

Is it something like that?

I think that's about the long and short of it. Take some of the wages you would have got for seeing out your contract now and be free to go pursue whatever other opportunities you can find, or else wait it out, clocking in every training session but (likely) never getting a game and probably getting very little (if any) attention from the coaches.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anyone know why we bought him in the first place?

Hughton rarely played him, and Potter even less, which implies that nobody on the actual playing side ever rated him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Hughton rarely played him, and Potter even less, which implies that nobody on the actual playing side ever rated him.

He had a decent season, we then took a punt on an unknown player for (in PL striker terms) a modest amount of money.

The same logic and presumably similar statistical modelling applied to the signing of Ali J and Bissouma.

Some will work out and some won't

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

When he arrived he was injured, when he got fit he got game time and a couple of goals. He had chances, especially in 18/19 after we'd sold Baldock, but he didn't take them and he had fitness issues whilst we were in the midst of a relegation dogfight.

Given that Hughton signed him, Forest are now desperate for a cheap striker option and Locadia has no future at the Albion, some sort of loan to buy option at Forest makes sense for all parties. Either that, or he returns to the Dutch league where his stock will still be relatively high.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When he arrived he was injured, when he got fit he got game time and a couple of goals. He had chances, especially in 18/19 after we'd sold Baldock, but he didn't take them and he had fitness issues whilst we were in the midst of a relegation dogfight.

Given that Hughton signed him, Forest are now desperate for a cheap striker option and Locadia has no future at the Albion, some sort of loan to buy option at Forest makes sense for all parties. Either that, or he returns to the Dutch league where his stock will still be relatively high.

Ah yes, that well known NSC trope - 'send him to CH at Nottingham Forest'!

Molumby had a stellar season in the Championship, not wanted by Potter - send him to CH at Nottingham Forest.
X,Y or Z needs a loan to the Championship - could go to CH at Nottingham Forest.
A couple of weeks ago NSC had packed Duffy's bags for him and were getting ready to drive him to ..........
Now we've got a player we don't want and can't even give away - what can we do? Ah,yes, of course, the answer is staring us in the face - send him to ........ !
Walton next up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here