Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It seems like his shortcomings were quickly realised and playing to them became his gameplan. :facepalm:

Anyhoo it's nice to have the discussion about the positives and negatives in his game without having to fend off:-

Get rid.
Shitehouse.
Shitehouse league.
Wannabe DJ.
"Not even a footballer"

Long may it continue.

I realise it’s a generalisation, but would never say that about one of our players, (well I might but nicer language), after all the Dutch league is a poorer standard [emoji2].

Whilst it’s ‘only’ friendlies etc, IMO, these are really important for Locadia in terms of confidence and belonging in some respects, he even seemed happier in his post match interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise it’s a generalisation, but would never say that about one of our players, (well I might but nicer language), after all the Dutch league is a poorer standard [emoji2].

Whilst it’s ‘only’ friendlies etc, IMO, these are really important for Locadia in terms of confidence and belonging in some respects, he even seemed happier in his post match interviews.

Deffo.

I had a little look around NSC 'Locadia' last night looking for the specific "not even a footballer" dross from Spence.
I couldn't find it, but did realise of all the threads to get the :bounce: treatment this is by far the best.
There's some pure undistilled bile written on here about Big Jurg.

As said it would be nice if those days are behind us now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Deffo.

I had a little look around NSC 'Locadia' last night looking for the specific "not even a footballer" dross from Spence.
I couldn't find it, but did realise of all the threads to get the :bounce: treatment this is by far the best.

Steady [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], I still need to reach the fence....... [emoji2]

Equally, I was also very excited by CMS.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still concerned that City or Liverpool will snatch him away from us now that his previously hidden talents are now obvious to all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Deffo.

They’re not. I’m just on holiday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steady [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], I still need to reach the fence....... [emoji2]

Equally, I was also very excited by CMS.....

Yeah as does everybody else, with a fair bit of justification.
All the pointers at the moment currently suggest he'd tear the championship a new one. :facepalm:

I couldn't find it,
'tis on page 3.
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369086-Locadia-Today&p=8710443&viewfull=1#post8710443
Also, because thumbsups can be deleted seemingly at any time,

Screenshot_20190729-003222.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Big J coming good... who'd have thunk it... now the shackles are off, I'm not 100% surprised... still, early doors...

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I suspect many of our attacking players will be looking better now the "shackles are off" from Hughtons defensive football.

Not just because of the less restrictive mentality, but because they will have more time on the ball to show what they can do. Someone demonstrated this quite well earlier in the thread when talking about Andone (who I still think is a quality player) getting frustrated with lack of service. Hows he suppose to feel if he's simply chasing 50.50s all game? More time on the ball, more opportunity to show what you can do.

Our recruits from the last couple of seasons must feel like they especially have something to prove. All good for us so long as Potter keeps the For/Against ratio well balanced

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not quite so magnificent this evening. Very much in anticipation of our visit to Vicarage Road which may well tell us a little more.

Very fair.
I felt disappointing compared to Fulham Birmingham, but you are right Watford is key.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We need a new forward/striker. Desperately. Murray and Locadia are not the answer, neither is Andone I fear, although he at least looks more like a good cameo front man, being quick, aggressive, hard working and a right royal pain in the arse for defenders.

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Locadia is really frustrating to watch at times as he gets into some good positions and creates some good opportunities but they never seem to come off/it never seems to happen for him. You can see there is a decent player in there though. If we were to sign a forward in the next week as many hope ,would it be worth loaning him out to get a run of games and a few goals in the championship?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I thought he was too bad ?? Lovely ball to Murray in the box in the first half. I think that’s what Potter wants from our forwards, loving the way the three interchange. Yes it’s not always going to pay off and it didn’t at times tonight. But i have confidence in Potter and our team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another game of 2 halves for Big Jurg.

I thought he was very good in the first half, strong, attacking, quick with some very good interplay.
Then (not for the first time) rather disappeared after half-time.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Another game of 2 halves for Big Jurg.

I thought he was very good in the first half, strong, attacking, quick with some very good interplay.
Then (not for the first time) rather disappeared after half-time.

Maybe he missed the orange segments at half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here