Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia, prove us wrong

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Really ? REALLY ?

He has no pace. No power. He doesn't hold it up, by his own admission he can't head the ball, his 2nd touch would be a tackle if he could be bothered to make one. He doesn't get into dangerous areas, I've seen more movement and mobility from a traffic bollard. But TECHNICALLY there is little wrong with him ?

Christ, I'm glad you're not on our scouting team. Or maybe you were, because we got well and truly done up like a kipper signing this mug. I never want to see him on a pitch again, until its for some other club he's somehow stolen a living from.

Nailed - plse just pay up his contract and get rid of him ! Total joke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really ? REALLY ?

He has no pace. No power. He doesn't hold it up, by his own admission he can't head the ball, his 2nd touch would be a tackle if he could be bothered to make one. He doesn't get into dangerous areas, I've seen more movement and mobility from a traffic bollard. But TECHNICALLY there is little wrong with him ?

Christ, I'm glad you're not on our scouting team. Or maybe you were, because we got well and truly done up like a kipper signing this mug. I never want to see him on a pitch again, until its for some other club he's somehow stolen a living from.

Technically as in technically, not technically... ehh. The meaning of the word that implies that I'm sure he is fine at juggling the ball, do some cool feints in training and balance the ball on his nose like a penguin (or dolphin? whatever) and shit like that, he can do that sort of things - he is no caveman.

I agree 100% that he is not nearly good enough for this level and at 28, he is never going to be good for this level. He is going to struggle very hard to find a club at any professional level once his Brighton days are over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Technically as in technically, not technically... ehh. The meaning of the word that implies that I'm sure he is fine at juggling the ball, do some cool feints in training and balance the ball on his nose like a penguin (or dolphin? whatever) and shit like that, he can do that sort of things - he is no caveman.

I agree 100% that he is not nearly good enough for this level and at 28, he is never going to be good for this level. He is going to struggle very hard to find a club at any professional level once his Brighton days are over.

Well he can go and do his "technical" tricks and ball-juggling at Zippos then. He might not be a caveman, but he's clearly not a footballer either.

Pound-for-pound I'd say that he's comfortably the WORST signing in BHA's history. Ali J was poor, but he did at least try and we saw the odd moments of brilliance from him. 'Big Jurg' though ? Struth. The sooner he f*cks off to his recording decks the better.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I feel a bit sorry for him because he clearly wants to play and he must have been banging down potters door to get a game.

He's just simply nowhere near good enough at this level.

His pride would never allow him to play at championship or league one level now. Especially as hes probably made millions from us.

Wasteman.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well he can go and do his "technical" tricks and ball-juggling at Zippos then. He might not be a caveman, but he's clearly not a footballer either.

Pound-for-pound I'd say that he's comfortably the WORST signing in BHA's history. Ali J was poor, but he did at least try and we saw the odd moments of brilliance from him. 'Big Jurg' though ? Struth. The sooner he f*cks off to his recording decks the better.

Without being around forever, I would also assume Locadia is the worst ever. One of a number of Dutch Eredivisie players labelled the new RvN/RvP/Makaay/Kluivert/van Hooijdonk/etc. at the age of 16 or 17 who then made early debuts and a couple of goals and thought they made it. Another one is Castaignos, now in the Korean div 2. And Richairo Zivkovic, sitting on the bench in Serbia. Something similar is bound to happen to Locadia.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s lazy and uninterested. The guy won the jackpot with his contract and can piss about with music whilst stealing a living from us. Lucky boy.

It must’ve been a 4.5 year contract and our record signing at the time of £14m. **** struth.

Jahanbakhsh was £17m and a 5 year contract.

The nadir of our EPL transfer business.

But more than made up with Bissouma, Lamptey, Webster, Veltman, Cucurella, etc.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He’s lazy and uninterested. The guy won the jackpot with his contract and can piss about with music whilst stealing a living from us. Lucky boy.

This. , Not hungry enough to want to prove his worth ,

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Locardia an embarrassment and Connolly not much better.

Connolly , our Premier league Jake Robinson , .. We all thought he was going to be the next big thing , a few goals here and there but largely failed to impress at the required level . Difference being Conolly has more talent but a dire attitude . Championship at best !

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Connolly , our Premier league Jake Robinson , .. We all thought he was going to be the next big thing , a few goals here and there but largely failed to impress at the required level . Difference being Conolly has more talent but a dire attitude . Championship at best !
Quite agree with this

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Locadia hasn’t changed = he’s lazy

It's hard to conclude anything other than this after watching his hands on hips performance in the recent U23 game and last night.

You would think or at least a hungry player would think, right this is my chance, but unfortunately it seems actually he's not that bothered about trying to earn his corn, I can't really forsee a future for him after the January window but looking at our striker options he will be sauntering around the first team for a while yet, which is a shame because we have Tolaj waiting in the wings who basically Locadia is now holding back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He exceeded my expectations last night but was still on the cusp of below average/crap.

He did at least resemble a footballer for a change though as made a couple of ok lay offs and passes.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He is a lazy waste of space. Always has been.

If you can't score in the MLS you won't ever be good enough for the EPL (or the Championship).

What really concerns me is that Potter deemed him worthy of retaining and actually putting him on the bench this season. Can't he see what we can all see? He shipped out AJ but at least AJ used to try.

Baffling.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He is a lazy waste of space. Always has been.

If you can't score in the MLS you won't ever be good enough for the EPL (or the Championship).

What really concerns me is that Potter deemed him worthy of retaining and actually putting him on the bench this season. Can't he see what we can all see? He shipped out AJ but at least AJ used to try.

Baffling.
Someone actually wanted to buy AJ. No one wants locadia.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What really concerns me is that Potter deemed him worthy of retaining and actually putting him on the bench this season. Can't he see what we can all see? .

If GP can see something in Locadia he must have x-ray vision.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have seen a few comments on various threads about offloading him in January...

How ?

Who the hell would part with money for him ?

He is with us until his contract runs out unfortunately.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He obviously had ability at PSV you’d think the hunger to succeed would be there from his childhood, he played in the Dutch National age groups but he simply hasn’t kicked on. I couldn’t tell you if it’s mental (he’s rich now so doesn’t need to put it in) or just that he peaked early and is on the decline. It’s a shame, he’s 27 and should be in his prime as a footballer

Frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here