Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Locadia on the move again

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
His new club's stadium has 36 more seats than us (wikipedia) .... Bigger club.

Play well you misunderstood genius.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
283 games 83 goals. There have been far worse

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Really? You can't name a single worse player than DJ Jurg? In 48 years.

I wish I had your memory. The Tottenham Heist would be a vague event lost in the mists of time already.
I mean, he was just crap, lazy, arrogant, couldn’t jump, couldn’t control or strike, didn’t fit in, didn’t look like he wanted to fit in, overweight, unsuccessful, upset the camp with his sulks, cost us a sh1teload, failed, start, during and ending. I honestly can’t think of a more cataclysmic expensive total failure in all my time.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully it's not too obvious a point to make that any player we've had in the last 5 years is not the worst player we've had.

There's a case for worst value for money on a transfer, but I don't see the point in the debate. Every club has transfers that work out and those that don't. We take punts on up and coming players, no point getting on one's case when they don't progress in the way we hoped.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Really? You can't name a single worse player than DJ Jurg? In 48 years.

I wish I had your memory. The Tottenham Heist would be a vague event lost in the mists of time already.
I'd say about 80% of the players in our club's history were probably worse footballers than him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Possibly the worst ever, certainly in my 48 year/s fanhood
He scored 6 in 46, a goal every 372 minutes, during his career with us.

That breaks down as:

3 in 35, goal every 519 minutes in the PL
3 in 9 (plus 1 penalty), goal every 228 minutes in the FA Cup

Not great, but not actually dreadful. He'd have been solid for us in the Championship. :shrug:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He scored 6 in 46, a goal every 372 minutes, during his career with us.

That breaks down as:

3 in 35, goal every 519 minutes in the PL
3 in 9 (plus 1 penalty), goal every 228 minutes in the FA Cup

Not great, but not actually dreadful. He'd have been solid for us in the Championship. :shrug:
This is fair. It's also fair to compare him to the other strikers we had around then who were also struggling badly for goals. In those days of course, it was set up to defend and rely on a moment of nous from Muzza or a booming header from a corner from Shane.

I'm not trying to declare Jurgen as a good player for us, ( I saw him attempt than stepover away at Southampton) just that we've had loads worse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Totally unsuited to CH ball. Lost interest and turned surly and very Dutch, they are world champs at disgruntled and disruptive once they start. Decent footballer in there in the right team imo. I doubt he’d make my top 50 worst player list.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I mean, he was just crap, lazy, arrogant, couldn’t jump, couldn’t control or strike, didn’t fit in, didn’t look like he wanted to fit in, overweight, unsuccessful, upset the camp with his sulks, cost us a sh1teload, failed, start, during and ending. I honestly can’t think of a more cataclysmic expensive total failure in all my time.
I think that view is coloured by expectations and fee. We have had way worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here