Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia & Hemed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of us knew that he wasn’t shitehouse, hopefully the club will be able to recoup the money spent, as he won’t be coming back (are those sighs of relief I hear?) :smile:

Are you out there [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] ?

It's all right there in that penalty.

For me Big Jurg has always been able to larrup the ball really hard and accurately from 5-15 yards out.
Not as easy a skill as most think and not one I ever thought should be dismissed.

He scored that penalty through power.
It almost went through the keepers hand.

Had he taken that in front of the North Stand.
He'd have done exactly the same.
Only the keeper would have inexplicable palmed the ball round the post.

It wouldn't have been an amazing save.
It would have been a shitehouse penalty from someone who is "not even a footballer".

Thems the breaks - c'est la vie

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

For me Big Jurg has always been able to larrup the ball really hard and accurately from 5-15 yards out.
Not as easy a skill as most think and not one I ever thought should be dismissed.

It would have been a shitehouse penalty from someone who is "not even a footballer".

Good that we now have Scheletto back to get our teeth into though.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Second in the Bundesliga and Locadia their top scorer with a manager who knows how to use him properly. Not a player for Hughton or Potterball but it’s clearly possible to get him scoring goals at the highest level. We’ll recoup his fee and more if he ends up at Hoffenheim’s top scorer come the end of the season.

I’m very much looking forward to him scoring more goals for them this season than that £40m Joe Linton fella scored for them last season (he just needs 5 more or one per month in the Bundesliga to eclipse the toon sensation).

This is my thinking !!

Whilst I know we wouldn’t get a £40m fee because there isn’t the same money in the Bundesliga as the Premier League, but if he can score 8-10 over the season we could make a small profit on him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Trying to work out what tune this should be sung to??

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is my thinking !!

Whilst I know we wouldn’t get a £40m fee because there isn’t the same money in the Bundesliga as the Premier League, but if he can score 8-10 over the season we could make a small profit on him.

We don't have to sell him to a Bundesliga side. Maybe Newcastle will want him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good effort Stat, and he did have a good pre season.

But successive managers didn’t feel he was good enough, and he wasn’t. (Wasn’t shitehouse either).

Like Hemed would have excelled in the Championship as he showed vs Millwall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Locadia emerges from this season as the top scorer in the team that wins the Bundesliga would he be welcomed back here next season? - No, I thought not!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Locadia emerges from this season as the top scorer in the team that wins the Bundesliga would he be welcomed back here next season? - No, I thought not!
Just providing further evidence that looking good and scoring a few goals in the Bundesliga (or for that matter in the Eredivisie) doesn't mean you can cut it in the same way in the PL (see also Jahanbakhsh, Joelinton.)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just providing further evidence that looking good and scoring a few goals in the Bundesliga (or for that matter in the Eredivisie) doesn't mean you can cut it in the same way in the PL (see also Jahanbakhsh, Joelinton.)

and yet Trossard can look good and score a few goals in a considerably lesser league and the Premier League just providing further evidence that not all players are the same.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
and yet Trossard can look good and score a few goals in a considerably lesser league and the Premier League just providing further evidence that not all players are the same.

That’s because pure ability comes into it as well.

Due to the frenetic pace and less space the PL shows up players quite quickly with lesser ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Wanted to check what his penalty was like against Millwall as I couldn’t remember. Then I stumbled upon this footage of March’s equaliser. I’ll always be thankful to Locadia for his goal that day, which was an exceptional finish out of nowhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6diysgnwag Enjoy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here