Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Window

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't forget our DS is now playing against all the top academies. Premier League standard...

Aware of that but it's hardly comparable to competitive league football. Teams will still throw in players returning from injury etc.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Right back cover? Hate to say it but the thought of, for example, Ikechi Anya bearing down on either Bruno or Calde fills me with dread!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What do people reckon to Walton going out on a season long loan? Of course many clubs will have already sorted a number one but if we can find a league 2 club, for example, who are willing to regularly give him first team football then it would be great for him to get some competitive experience and potentially become our second choice next season. (If Stockdale/Ankergren get injured then get an emergency loan from a Premiership club)

We need 3 keepers. It only takes an injury to Stockdale & then you wouldn't have a keeper on the bench. I remember a few years ago at Huddersfield, Ankergren had a poisoned finger & Kuszczak then injured himself in the warm up. Brez went in goal, Buckley scored 2 goals, before Brez let in a howler right at the death.

D

Deleted member 18477

Emile Heskey is a man without a club at the moment... Sign him up! Monster!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oh right. Doubt he'll be loaned out this time then, frustrating.

I would say more likely to get loaned out for that reason. Can't see any team offering a young untried keeper a season but as cover for injury for a few months can see that being a goer.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need 3 keepers. It only takes an injury to Stockdale & then you wouldn't have a keeper on the bench. I remember a few years ago at Huddersfield, Ankergren had a poisoned finger & Kuszczak then injured himself in the warm up. Brez went in goal, Buckley scored 2 goals, before Brez let in a howler right at the death.

Hence why I said if either one of them get injured an emergency loan from a Premiership club. I'd rather Walton got first team game time somewhere else than on the off chance Stockdale or Ankergren get injured he'll be on the bench.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would say more likely to get loaned out for that reason. Can't see any team offering a young untried keeper a season but as cover for injury for a few months can see that being a goer.

True re injuries however if he breaks into the first team and does well they won't want to let him go, as I say stability is key with goalkeepers as you have to build up a relationship with the defence. I suppose we could loan him out for an initial 3 months then again in January for the rest of the season if required.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris wood? Wolves are meant to be in for him.

I read in the press over the weekend Leicester value him at £5m plus.

As regards loans how about giving Kuczszak a months contract and sending Stockdale to a side that will be on the receiving end of shots like Leeds as his record this season is 6 shots on target against us, 4 goals, so perhaps he needs more shots to deal with.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here