Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Striker

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
OG says he wants more goals, he is aware of key areas, has budget similar to last year so I would hope striker( quality player of billy sharp standard would be high on agenda)

I know thats whats been said by the club but has he not got a bit more? Whats happened to the money we were going to spend on Van Dijk last January?

Upson didn't cost anything in transfer fees and with the players released this summer we must have quite a nice pot of cash burning Oscars pocket.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This fella needs some games and is not unaccustomed to being loaned out:
Joan Isaac Cuenca López

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
The thing is, it is a similar situation to the end of last season, although now Barnes is not suspended for 7(?) games. No one wants to go out on loan to sit on the bench, which chances are-if we only play one up front-they will be.

Barnes can play up front if anything happens to Leo. If they both get injured then there is reason to worry.

D

Deleted member 18477

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ricardo Vaz Te?

Big Sam loves Vaz Te! No chance!

And hasnt Carlton Cole left West Ham now as well?

Which means west ham have 2 strikers? Caroll and Vaz Te...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Vaz Te would be good, although I would of thought with the Spanish contacts we'll be getting in a couple of players from there, one being a centre forward or attacking midfield.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I would honestly rather give George Barker a chance than piss about with loan players. The squad is built to play one up front with the amount of attacking midfielders we have. Give March, Barker and JFC some game time and lets see if they're up to the job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would honestly rather give George Barker a chance than piss about with loan players. The squad is built to play one up front with the amount of attacking midfielders we have. Give March, Barker and JFC some game time and lets see if they're up to the job.

Barker needs a loan spell, playing every game, to show he is good enough. Hasn't cut it so far and unless we want a wasted season, he is not the man for the bench.

Dec 29, 2011
We'll struggle to find a high pedigree striker who is willing to sit on the bench for most games, but can also score lots of goals at this level. Our system hurts us in this respect.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We'll struggle to find a high pedigree striker who is willing to sit on the bench for most games, but can also score lots of goals at this level. Our system hurts us in this respect.

Agree, plus we don't want to spend a big chunk of wages on a sub.

We either need to look at a young kid happy to get some game time at a competitive level, in a system they will be comfortable with - i.e. Rory Donnelly from Swansea, 21 year old..... 20 in 49 for Cliftonville.

Or the other end of the spectrum, an experienced head who will not likely get many appearances this season and wants to put themselves in the shop window - i.e. Leroy Lita or Luke Moore at Swansea, with Bony going there one of them will drop out of contention, despite the Europa league games.

Will only be till CMS is back match fit anyway.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
someone who needs some game time done well in the dutch league on loan from man city John Guidetti

Nail. Head.
When Ash was suspended and we were searching for a striker, I repeatedly put this bloke forward on here.
It didn't materialise. His scoring record is ridiculous. Will have to see if he's in Man City's squad for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here