Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan players recalled...?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless we resign them on a further loan or purchase, we have seen the last of Elliott Bennett, Bent, Halford and Gardner.

Tex and J.Bennett are here until the end of the season, but can be recalled in January.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Shame about Halford - he was starting to grow on me - including those Stoke-ish Throw-ins.... (at least we were getting the ball into the box). Gardner was solid, but no more than that. Elliott was a bit of a disappointment for me. And Bent, although he has been scoring, is now injured.....

Its a sad state of affairs when most of our team isnt actually ours at all.... I hate the loan system!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I won't be sad to see the back of Gardner. He's simply held back Ince's development.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Elliott Bennett's salute to the fans at the end of the game suggested that it may it, for now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Disagree with who about McCourt?

Sorry. Quoted wrong post. It was late. Disagree with Ben's Grandad who wanted to get rid of McCourt. I have a feeling he would respond to being used more, being trusted, and could rise to the challenge.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sorry. Quoted wrong post. It was late. Disagree with Ben's Grandad who wanted to get rid of McCourt. I have a feeling he would respond to being used more, being trusted, and could rise to the challenge.
I like McCourt,.... one of those players that cause uncertainty when testing a defence, creative and unpredictable, I'll take that at this stage.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] seems to have some sort of blind hatred of Mccourt - who is the only midfield player to have shown any semblance of creativity when he has come on. agreed he isn't Vicente but he is worth the odd 30 minutes here and there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] seems to have some sort of blind hatred of Mccourt - who is the only midfield player to have shown any semblance of creativity when he has come on. agreed he isn't Vicente but he is worth the odd 30 minutes here and there.

To go with Ince and Stockdale, both of whom are have proved/are proving him to be incorrect, McCourt just needs to be given a chance now and again.

To be fair on BG, I think a lot of us get 'bee in our bonnet' about certain players, mine is Gardner (lack of effort and application) and Texeira (wasteful the majority of the time and too lightweight - though last night he played a lot better).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
someone needs to work very hard to keep Halford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Lets get it right I have never seen McCourt before season other than in 1 game for Barnsley when they beat us at The Amex. I havent seen anything this season to make me want him to be in the team as yes he can beat a player but on most occasions tries to beat one too many and loses the ball before putting a telling cross or pass. He is a luxury if we were flirting near the play offs but where we are in the league we need graft and skill not just skill. In midfield I think we have 4 or 5 who offer more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here