Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Players and Play-offs?

Well, say we got to the play offs this season, we would be screwed if we lost our loan players!! Im in two minds.

Actually no, dont agree. Should keep them till end of season or period loaned for, including the playoffs.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No.

If a season long loan player has helped you get into that position why should you have to do without them while the season is still going on? Wasn't Iwelumo a loan player for us when we went up?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No. Why should they?

I guess the argument would be that it is outside the 46 game season, so should that still be where the line is drawn for "until the end of the season", also consider that the parent club may have ended with those 46 games, and depending on pay structure may be obligated to pay for a player of theirs to play when the club's season is over.

Having said that, no, I don't think loans should come to an end before the play offs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I guess the argument would be that it is outside the 46 game season, so should that still be where the line is drawn for "until the end of the season", also consider that the parent club may have ended with those 46 games, and depending on pay structure may be obligated to pay for a player of theirs to play when the club's season is over.

Having said that, no, I don't think loans should come to an end before the play offs.

But the season hasn't finished until the last play-off final is completed.

No.

If a season long loan player has helped you get into that position why should you have to do without them while the season is still going on? Wasn't Iwelumo a loan player for us when we went up?

Think Iwelumo was in the same position as Calderon, ie a short term contract but then couldn't agree a further deal.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Think Iwelumo was in the same position as Calderon, ie a short term contract but then couldn't agree a further deal.

You maybe right. I couldn't remember whether we took him on-loan from Stoke with a view to a permanent when his contract was up, or whether we actually signed him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No.

They should play until the end of the season.

What I disagree with is players who go on loan to championship clubs and once their 46 games are all played they come back and are available for the remaining league games of their parent club.

End of the season should be until all the league games are played!

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
he was signed short time and put on wages and accomedation :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:come the end of the season some clever twatt decided to do his new contract without the the accomedation and he was off leaving us with leon knight up front on his own in the championship

y
You maybe right. I couldn't remember whether we took him on-loan from Stoke with a view to a permanent when his contract was up, or whether we actually signed him.

D

Deleted User X18H

he was signed short time and put on wages and accomedation :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:come the end of the season some clever twatt decided to do his new contract without the the accomedation and he was off leaving us with leon knight up front on his own in the championship

y

Accomedation is that like accommodation with meditation? No wonder he left!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Of course not, the season isn't over. If Swindon weren't allowed to play their loan players in the play-offs, they'd be a bit stuck. The point is that they've signed them for the season, and the season isn't over until the final game.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Of course not, the season isn't over. If Swindon weren't allowed to play their loan players in the play-offs, they'd be a bit stuck. The point is that they've signed them for the season, and the season isn't over until the final game.

Hit nail on head.............possibly using loan players to get you promoted,who then leg it back to parent club,whichever league that might be.
If circumstances for loan end (ie injury) then you should be made to use players from your own squad.
By the way,is the season ever over?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hit nail on head.............possibly using loan players to get you promoted,who then leg it back to parent club,whichever league that might be.
If circumstances for loan end (ie injury) then you should be made to use players from your own squad.
By the way,is the season ever over?

Rubbish, Some clubs cant afford massive squads.

Why should these clubs be punished for using the loan market?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here