Loan deadline....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
....... is today. Anyone know if we'll bring somebody in? Do we need to bring somebody in?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
i thought it was at the end of March!!!!!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Naylor said there were no plans to get anyone in. Pretty emphatic thing to say without any prior knowledge, so I'm guessing he knows Gus isn't looking.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Someone to fill in for Wood?

Barely worth it, looks like he's only going to miss one Albion game. Good to keep giving the Horse 10-15 minutes as well, keep him hungry.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty nailed on certain that it's NEXT Thurs...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
25th, not today, niggling feeling we might need these chances we create snapped up.......not complaining, just a belt and braces job.

Eh? Some recent results;

4-0
4-1
4-2
4-3

Not scoring enough?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Brighton manager Gus Poyet is looking around the loan market for a striker to help boost the end of Brighton's so far brilliant campaign.

Poyet will look for a fix after Chris Wood was named in the New Zealand squad to play against China and Japan.

Glenn Murray, Brighton's leading scorer, has already featured in 41 games this season, and with a hectic schedule coming up, may be in need of a rest.

Ashley Barnes would be left as Brighton's only other regular striker as Fran Sandaza is seen more of an impact sub, whilst Chris Holroyd has gone on loan to League Two Bury for the rest of the season.

The loan window ends on Thursday 24th March 2011.

Read more: Brighton Hove Albion - Brighton in Hunt for A Striker

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wood will only be missing ONE game, as the Japan friendly will almost definitely be called off.

I'm not convinced the above article is accurate, there's no quotes from Gus, nothing in Argus and nothing on official site.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NZ are now only playing a friendly in China , the friendly in Japan is going to be re-scheduled.

nikosdabi4

Jan 23, 2010
Bodmin, Cornwall
i dont think we need anyone. we have navs coming back to fitness, fran needs to get a few more games imo and tobs isnt doing to bad in the ressies. also why not give forster-caskey a few games if we get the chance, i havent personally seen him live but looks top notch from the videos and comments ive seen

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
i dont think we need anyone. we have navs coming back to fitness, fran needs to get a few more games imo and tobs isnt doing to bad in the ressies. also why not give forster-caskey a few games if we get the chance, i havent personally seen him live but looks top notch from the videos and comments ive seen

Totally agree. Also another aspect of this is not disrupting the current team dynamic as we approach the final stretch. I very much doubt that anyone currently in possession of a shirt will be in any hurry to give it up. The defence is solid with Elphick and Dunk as back up, the midfield can be juggled with the added bonus of Caskey-Forster for fresh legs and the forwards seem to work well together in two or three man combinations, with Sandaza offering something a little different at the end of games. I'd say let's stick with what we've got, and get the job done, possibly only seven more wins needed to go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports