Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lloyd Owusu update

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
From the Adelaide Advertiser...

ADELAIDE United's new-look A-League squad might be playing to the sounds of a different beat if English-born striker Lloyd "LMO" Owusu signs for the Reds.

Owusu's partner, Samantha, and her Perth-based father Kenneth could sway the Ghana international striker's decision to make Adelaide his home for the A-League's Version V which kicks off in August.

Owusu was known as DJ LMO, a master of hip-hop scratch in the London dance club scene 10 years ago.

But Owusu said he was unlikely to get back into the groove of scratching vinyl in nightclubs - he would rather be scoring goals.

Owusu, 32, has notched 127 goals in 380 matches which included stints with Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.

Owusu admitted he's strong in the air after scoring seven goals for Brighton Hove & Albion in a two-month loan stint from Cheltenham Town which saved the club from English League One relegation this year.

"I'm more of a target man these days," Owusu said.

"Four or five years ago I was a channel man and chasing lost causes.

"Now I'm a man who brings players in and I thrive on crosses.

"I don't want to sound big-headed but if I time my jumps right I don't think any centre half can deal with me.

"They don't call me 'Hang Time' for nothing."

United has until Sunday to impress Owusu before he jets back to England.

Owusu is contemplating tabled offers including a two-year United deal and a one-year contract with 12-month option from Albion.

Reds officials wined and dined Owusu at Glenelg after he arrived in Adelaide yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here