Lloret de Mar

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Good people of NSC.
I havd just booked a late deal to Lloret de mar. Anyone been and have any ideas of things to do and see?

There are 2 of us going aged 38 and 40 so not really looking for night life more things to do during the day.

Thanks in advanced

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Went there many years ago, lovely little bay fronted beach, few nice restaurants near the square, friendly shops, nice quiet place to stay, one lively bar that shows the football and full of locals but all really nice people. Bit out the way but there are a few larger towns within an hour. Try to get to the harbour (tiny) but there used to be a lovely restaurant selling fresh fish but this was quite a time ago. Enjoy.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lloret is not a very nice place, a bit of a dump, really, if truth be told...but the coastline to the north, in particular, is spectacular. If you hire a car, drive into one of the many villages that are tucked at the foot of the hills which rise up from the sea between Lloret and Tossa(!)
Also, go to Barcelona.
Lloret has a brilliant Water Park!

Had a week in Aug at Fenals Beach which is 10min walk south from Lloret.. Lloret was a bit too built up and full of students + Mcdonalds and Burger Kings everywhere..
Nice beaches though and hundreds of bars and other places to eat.
If your taking a car then parking can be a bit of a nightmare.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I went there in 1976. You could buy ten measures of liqueur for £1 in a bodega. I fear it will have changed somewhat.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I went there in 1976. You could buy ten measures of liqueur for £1 in a bodega. I fear it will have changed somewhat.

Was there in 79. It was one of the places to go in those days well what I can remember of it as also took advantage of too many liquers! Do still have a picture of me jumping off some rocks to the right of the beach and seem to remember the beach being crowded but with that shigly sand not bad at all!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I used to work in Callela my family friend runs the Bunji jump at the local water park in lloret, my fav bit along there is Tossa Demar, My uncle run a number of pubs in Callela and one in Lloret he calls the Callela the ass hole of spain, sadly he passed away has a golf tourn named after him out there now.

Lloret is lovely as is Tossa, Callela = shit dive

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Went there in 72 and 73. Had a great time but beach at Tossa was better. White Horse pub served quadruples and was used as a base before hitting the clubs. Recall watching Lloret playing Dunfermaline in a friendly and was the funniest thing I have seen on a pitch. A dozen 'fans' went on the pitch at half time and played football without a ball. Guy in goal was diving all over the place sending clouds of sand into the air as he dived for the imaginery ball. One was left on the pitch when the teams came back out and got marched off by the only guard there with a pistol pointed at his back.
Take care with the guards as they don't need a lot of provocation to hit you with their batons, as I found out when coming back from a barbecue - a nice bruise on my shoulder blade.
Really a holiday in Lloret is only any good if you can't remember half of it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

I was there the same year. The local bodega was run by a Spaniard named Jimmy. We called the place Jimmy's and bought him a t-shirt with "Jimmy- no bloody tea!!" on it as that was his stock answer to the question. Great guy stood me a few beers when I got stuck in LLoret due to getting rat-a***d at the airport and missing the flight. Got on a coach after about 5 days and back to Brighton in time to take my place on the East terrace for an early season evening game at the Goldstone with my mates taking the p*** when I got there.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
stay away from the ferries when they come upon the beach..........i got sucked out under one of them and landed in algeria.......it was shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports